40

The lead singer ray kept the crowd hype. Everyone was all smiles, dancing with the beat Junior created.

Ray finishes one song and sang louder 'e papa waiari' everyone cheers as they heard those words there's that famous 'cheehoo' screamed from every corner.

I stood up excuse myself as I swivel, side step walking to the front of the stage holding my phone to record.

The combine voices that sang along with ray was indescribable I sang along receiving side glances.

Living the moment.

I was a small voice that fit in the puzzle.

This song brings everyone together and at this moment we are one.

Junior winks at my phone as I record him turning around to record the crowd.

Everyone applause ray jams another song I excuse myself to get to our table I grab my bag and tell levi I'm going outside for some air he follows with lex and one of juniors brothers of many.

We make it outside juniors brother phatz is his nickname because his real name is to hard to pronounce and long.

He pulls a joint out of his pants pocket puts it between his teeth patting his pocket for a lighter I reach in my small bag pulling out the lighter leni brought me I walk up to phatz and held the flame to his joint between his thick lips he gestures thanks with a eyebrow flick with a inhale I too brought a joint and pulled mine out while levi and lex glances around the back courtyard of the pub as I light and inhale.

We get to half of our joint a group of women walk up to the guys and start flirting with them I aint no cock block I lean on the brick wall for a moment.

Watching the guys, leni drops a dry as joke the women giggle I roll my eyes exhaling the smoke it swirls around the group in front of me a few eyes glance at the joint between my fingers levi smiles along with the women, lex eyes glances to me I put my fingers to my lips he shakes his head with a disapproval look I heard footsteps making me look over my shoulder Junior was walking out with ray I pushed off the wall staring at the two mammoths men both their hairs are braided Junior has a sleeve tattoo on his right arm and Ray has one on his left they look like twins when they smile.

"Oh shit aint that the lead singer?"

I heard a women ask someone.

"you have a good pair of lungs"

Ray's smile was brighter then the dam moon with his white as  teeth.

"thanks mama always said after all these years screaming and crying when I was getting a hiding I'd be a good singer"

I giggled, phatz slapped ray on his broad shoulder laughing. ray and I were in our own conversation about security business and how he's looking into another side business but just don't know if he should he loves his band but it doesn't always put food on the table. I gave him a few helping tips and numbers to call.

"you got my number and email do this in three months and hit me up anytime if your stuck I got you any family of juniors is now classed as family"

"bro hang on" Junior cuts me off.

"this is the women that messed with my baby"

The smirk on my face made ray chuckle.

"you look like what we call Katu kanga"

I giggle and slapped his chest.

"eow bae you think I aint know dis already" I playfully said in their accent. Ray chuckles, Junior coughs the women stop talking.

"bro she knows shameeeee" phatz chuckles..

Phatz introduce me to his family literally their family aunties, uncles, siblings, first, second cousins, the cousins husbands and wives made me miss clive and our little group.

"so katu" ahh yeah phatz introduce me as marcy but when Junior told them what I did to his jeep and phone they all call me katu kanga.

(playful one, mischief)

"so katu kanga you should come with us diving tomorrow?"

I look at uncle chok and shook my head.

"I'd love to but being intoxicated and high I shouldn't be in the water uncle"

The uncles nod but uncle chok grins.

"it's alright katu I know mouth to mouth"

He puffs his chest out wiggles his eyebrows his older sister walks behind him slaps her brother hard up the back of his head pulling a disgusting face.

He leans forward looking behind him rubbing his head embarrassed all that saw chuckle.

Phatz never left my side he was like a little big brother I wish I could take home, lex and his brothers found a corner and sat with those women that saw us outside, I felt levi's eyes on me but he ignored me when we were outside so I ignored him.

Phatz and I played 'who can get as many numbers in hour'.

He proudly walked passed through people literally people stopped dancing and shuffled out of his way with a firm grip on my wrist he let's go when he steps up to the stage on the side where the DJ was laying the sounds he whispers some words the DJ looks at me he laughs and hands phatz the microphone.

People were watching as they dance the famz were intrigued the song finishes.

"how's everyone enjoying their evening?" phatz voice sang over the crowd roared with cheers and whistles.

"Good to hear well boys and girls I've lost a bet"

People boo'd and laughed phatz waves his hands to calm down.

"by my katu kanga blister over here"

He points the mic at me people went quiet and I chuckle looking at phats amused smile.

"help me regain my dignity and win it back she has requested me to sing her favourite song te iwi e"

A few people eyes widen judging me as if how did I know this song? The crowd booms with Cheehoo, let's goo, yeah boy, we got this the atmosphere intensified dramatically people around me pat my shoulders with a smile and cheers as to say we got this.

Junior jumps up on the stage grabs what looked like a little guitar and strums the many strings he looks at me with a sly smirk and nods to phatz.

"Te iwi e" they both sang.

The crowd boomed harmoniously with each word I felt when I hear the boys sing this in sydney so much love to a song that I don't know what the words mean but looking around with the smiles in everyone's drunken face.

Some were doing hand actions and foot stomping it made me happy when I look at phatz and Junior on the stage they sang for the world to hear. They finished to quickly for my liking but I was proud of phatz he did me a solid.

I enjoyed dancing, singing and chugging down alcohol with the famz it felt good.

Ray announced the night was coming to a end but phatz was telling there's always a drink up at their place if I wanted to come for a drink and a feed.

When you hear the word feed it ain't a Sausages on a bbq, peoples its a full blown buffet and you pile your plate or else there's no seconds in a big fam.