Chapter 4: Karaoke

During the first week of school here, I began to realize one thing. The senseis were somehow quite indifferent to our misconduct, even the usually friendly Shionome-sensei. During class time most of the students—especially those sitting in the back seats—often do whatever they want without ever being reprimanded. The only one who cared enough to keep the class in order was Satonaka but she also couldn't possibly be watching all the students all the time, especially when her seat was at the very front.

One thing that's interesting is that when I asked Teiichi and Nee-chan, apparently the teachers in their classes were the same. The difference is that the students in class A and B are a bit more orderly without even being told to. This fact further supports my theory that students are indeed divided according to certain criteria.

In just less than a week, there were already students who even dared to fall asleep during class. Some of the female students were secretly using their cell phones, and there were boys carrying manga in class. You could say, their discipline slowly began to deteriorate.

If my theory is correct, then this situation is pretty dire. Sensei once said that the number of points we receive monthly reflects our quality as students. That means if this situation continues, it is possible that their points for next month will be cut. Actually, if you save money, you can last it for the next few months. Unfortunately, most students don't have that mindset. Over the past few days I've seen students buying accessories, clothing, and games in huge quantities. Students also use this opportunity to try a variety of fancy foods that they have never tried outside of school.

"Hey, Yukiharu..."

What's worse, the state of the class wasn't the only thing on my mind. Ever since that day, ever since the club fair, someone hasn't stopped bothering me. As is currently the case.

"Yukiharu, what type of man is your sister like?"

Minami Shinji, an athletic man who always looks calm and friendly, is now being enslaved by love. Since his first encounter with my sister, he's been hit by a love arrow. I should have realized when he started to freeze at the sight of her. Now he's insisted that we use each other's first names. He also can't stop talking about my sister. To be honest, I'm a little sick of it.

"Minami-kun..." I whispered.

"Shinji...call me Shinji."

"Okay Shinji-kun. Don't you realize we're still in the middle of class?"

"Yeah, but I'm really curious. Come on Yuki, help your brother."

"We'll talk later, and stop calling me that. I'm not your brother."

"Is it too long to be explained now?"

"..."

"Then just write it down." Okay, now I run out of patience. This needs to stop.

"One thing for sure is she wouldn't like people who keep pestering other students during class time! For God's sake be quiet! You're starting to get annoying." I tried my best not to scream. Some of the classmates around us started giving me sidelong glances, but luckily sensei didn't hear me. Even if she hears me, it's not really a problem since she wouldn't say anything about it.

"All right, all right. No need to be so angry." Finally he was silent. At least for now.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Having a beautiful sister is quite a hassle, because your friends will try to approach her through you. Seriously, if they really liked her they should have gone straight to her. No need to bother me.

***

After class ended, several girls from my class approached our seats. They are Satonaka and her two friends, Kashiwagi and Tsukimi. Minami and I who had already stood up stopped in place to hear what they had to say.