Chapter 21: Inquiry

Today was quite different from usual. Today, class C seems way livelier. After escaping from the dangers of the midterm, the class's morale is very high. The students were chatting and joking around, only a few people like Nanahara looked somber. Shinji, Gilang, and Iwa were playing tic-tac-toe next to me. They tried to invite me but I refused. Right now my mind is restless. These people don't know what will happen to me after this, and I can only wait patiently.

Today Satonaka didn't come to class. She seemed to have told her friends that she was on an errand with the student council. Most students don't find anything weird with it and continue their morning life. Neither of them realized that the 'errand' actually had something to do with me.

"Hey, you know what? Yesterday, eight people were kicked out of school?"

"Are you serious? Whoa, scary. Is it because they flunked the midterm?"

My ears caught the conversation of some of my classmates. Eight people were not a small number so of course it would become big news. Within a night, the whole school immediately knew. Nee-chan will freak out if she finds out that I'm a suspect. Oh, God, just imagining it gives me chills.

"Not because midterm, they said they were caught filming the girls in the pool changing rooms."

"What? Disgusting...I can't believe there are people like that in our school. They deserve to be kicked out."

This topic began to sound from all directions. Even my friends who were playing next to me started talking about it too. Iwa was the first to bring it up.

"Is it true that eight people were kicked out?"

"It seems true," answered Gilang. "The senpais in my club are still making a fuss over it in the group chat."

"How desperate they are," Shinji said.

"Right," Iwa nodded. "But if they still have the photos, maybe I'll ask them to share some..."

"You wanna get expelled too?" Shinji said.

You guys don't know anything. None of them know the truth. They would never have guessed that the real culprit was to my left. The girl was sitting quietly with an innocent face and was busy eating a lollipop while playing on her cell phone. She had given assurances that I wouldn't be harmed by the student council, but I still couldn't calm down.

Suddenly the classroom door opened. Shionome-sensei stepped inside. The class which had been quite lively had gradually calmed down. The students as usual returned to their seats. My three friends grumbled a little because their game was disturbed, but like it or not they still had to go back to their respective seats. Today Shionome-sensei looked much more serious than usual, even more serious than when she was explaining the S-system to us, and it scared me.

"Good morning, students," she said. "Before we start our homeroom session, I have one thing to announce."

Oh no. I thought I'd be taken straight to the student council room, but don't tell me they'll announce it first. Please, do not do that. Even if I was proven innocent, my reputation will be ruined. Everyone would point at my back while whispering the word "pervert".

"Tomorrow on June 1st, you should be getting your private points, unfortunately, there is a possibility that there will be a slight delay." Immediately the class started complaining.

"What?"

"How come?"

"Seriously?"

"Why is there a delay?"

"The school wants to torture us."

I had forgotten that this case could impact our class points, so it was only natural that sensei had to announce it. Unfortunately, this means I can only accept my fate. Amid the complaining students, Sawatari raises her hand.