Chapter 9: Triangle

The next day I went to school as usual. When I entered the class I saw Nanahara already sitting on her bench. It looked like she was drawing some doodles on her notebook. I'm glad that she take warning seriously, at the same time there was a bit of nervousness in my chest when I saw her. Maybe because she almost beat me up yesterday.

I walked to my seat and greeted Minami. "Good morning, Shinji."

"Good morning, Yukiharu. Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yeah. More or less."

As I sat down, I turned around and greeted the girl behind me. "Good morning, Nanahara."

Nanahara looked at me with a judgmental look. Why is she looking at me like that? Does what I say sound weird?

"Um, did I say something wrong?"

"What did you mean yesterday?"

"...What?"

"Don't pretend to forget. You said something was going to happen."

Ah, apparently she was curious about what I said yesterday. "Yeah, I did. But I also said that I can't explain it right away."

Nanahara glared at me. "Yesterday you said you wanted to help me, but you are still acting quite suspicious."

"What exactly are you two talking about?" Minami looked at both of us with a puzzled expressions.

"Don't worry about it. It's not something important." Minami is confused but one thing I like about him is that he never meddles in other people's business. If I said 'nothing' he wouldn't ask any further questions unless he deemed it necessary.

As time passed, more students entered the class. Kasai entered the classroom with a cheerful face and sat down on her seat while greeting Komugi behind her. After sitting down she looked at me. I could see a lollipop stick sticking out of her mouth.

"Kurose-kun, Minami-kun, and Nanahara-san too, good morning."

"Good morning." Minami and I answered her greetings as usual, and Nanahara ignored her as usual as well. Even so, Kasai was not offended at all.

"Nanahara-san, you seem to be in a bad mood. Want some candy?" Kasai took out a lollipop and handed it to Nanahara.

"Keep it to yourself, I don't want it."

"You don't like candy?"

"No, I just don't feel like eating anything right now."

"Can I have some?" Minami chimed in.

"Sure...Kurose-kun, you want some too?"

"No, thank you."

"Okay, can you give this to Minami-kun?"

I took the candy and passed it to Minami, who immediately unwrapped it and ate it. He kept the wrapper in his pocket because he was too lazy to throw it in the trash outside the classroom. Kasai also gave one to Komugi who didn't eat it right away but kept it inside her pocket.

"You seem to be in a good mood." I said to Kasai.

"I'm always in a good mood." she answered with a big smile.

"Good morning everyone." Shionome-sensei entered the classroom. The class quickly quieted down and a few students immediately returned to their seats. During class time, not all students paid attention but at least they were a bit calmer compared to the previous day. I saw that the number of students who committed some minor violations during class hours was slowly decreasing. Looks like Satonaka is doing her job.