Ishikawa Sousuke's SS: Interference

I was sitting in a cafe I had never visited before. I chose a table that was a bit secluded so I could enjoy my drink without being disturbed by the laughter of several annoying customers. Apart from that, I also chose the one next to the window so that it could provide a perfect view of the intersection and the electronics shop next to it. Our table was filled with empty plates and glasses scattered around. While I was busy enjoying the evening breeze, the man in front of me was busy eating three portions of food. Now on his fourth. This gorilla is such a glutton.

Not long after, Karin finally came to us. Just like us, Karin is still wearing her uniform. Maybe she just came back from spending time with her friends somewhere.

"Heybh, Kwarinn..." Takehiko greeted with his mouth full.

"I don't usually see you guys in a place like this," Karin commented while throwing an ugly glance at Takehiko who was eating his food in a rather sloppy manner before finally deciding to ignore it. "What would you like to see in a place like this?"

"Don't you think this is the perfect place to watch that intersection?" I said as I turned my gaze back to the window. "The electronics shop over there is good as well. Whoever wants to attack the class A boy just waits in one of these two places then after the pink-haired girl leaves they can sneak past the senpais and then chase the boy up to the scaffolding."

"You still don't seem to be able to let it go," Karin sat in the chair next to me. I realized she moved her chair a little further away from Takehiko. "Are you that upset that someone messed up your plans?"

"Upset? Well, of course, I'm upset. How can I not be bothered when my plans are taken advantage of like this?" I knew that the others might also react, but I didn't expect it to turn out this way.

I never planned to make a big case out of him. My goal is to instill discord between the other three classes so they can pounce on each other during the special exams later. That's why I told Deshima Junko to ask Tanaka from class A for help. But someone saw an opportunity in this situation and took advantage of it. My attempt at pitting classes A and C against each other actually gave someone the opportunity to launch their own agenda. The results I am getting from this case are now the opposite of what I expected.

When viewed from the outside, it is clear that class D is the one who benefits most from this case. Because of that, instead of fighting, now the other three classes are definitely increasing their vigilance towards us. What an amazing counterattack.

The reason I attended the trial even though I didn't need to was because I wanted to see another class action on this case. Whoever ruined my plans could be among the representatives. So far I haven't found anything, but at least I know a few people who look suspicious.

"I dwon't rweally undweerstang..." Takehiko spoke still with his mouth full of food. Now I'm starting to get fed up with him.

"Swallow your food before you speak, stupid monkey! You're disgusting," I scolded and the monkey hurriedly swallowed his food and took a sip of water. Wasn't this person taught manners when he was little?

"Sorry, boss...I just wanted to say, I don't really understand, but you said someone interfered with your plans, right? Do you want to hunt them?"

"Of course, I will! But it's pointless...they might have started covering their tracks by now..."

I'm ninety-five percent sure that the real culprit must be from the same place as me. A plan as important and neat as this had to be carried out by themselves and the risks were too great if they relied on the lackeys. Heh, thinking about that makes me even more excited. If only sensei were here, what would he say about this case?

"So what do you want to do?" Karin asked.

"We'll settle everything on the special exam, whoever did this probably thinks the same way. For now...perhaps you could do me a little favor by gathering more information about all the students from classes A to C. This time also includes additional information from some of the ones you've already reported to me, just in case."

Karin clicked her tongue. "I'm starting to get bored with all this, but fine, I'll do it, but you better compensate me..."

"Oh, you want something in return? Okay, come to my room after this, I'll reward you personally,"

Responding to my teasing, Karin kicked my leg with a blushing face. "That's not what I meant, you perv!"

"Is that so? Well, that's a shame..." I'm actually not that interested in doing naughty things with her, but sometimes teasing this girl is quite fun.

There's one more thing that keeps making me think. The culprit attacked Tanaka just after he confronted Nanahara. The timing was too perfect, not to mention the fact that they purposely left a baseball at the scene to slander class B. Obviously, they had planned it thoroughly but the problem was, since when did they know about my plan? Whoever did this must have a much deeper information network than Karin...or...maybe they've invaded my class without me knowing? Could it be that they have planted a spy?

"Why are you grinning to yourself?" Karin asked with an annoyed face. This girl needs to learn to stop sweating the small details.

"Nothing, somehow all this just makes me even more excited."

Karin looked at me as if I was a weirdo. I don't expect her to understand my feelings right now and there's no need to. Good subordinates don't have to understand everything about their leaders. But I also started to think whether the other three people right now were also feeling the same way?

At that time, my mind went back to Sensei again. Is he watching us right now? Does he receive regular reports on our progress? Was the first step we took correct in his eyes or maybe he wouldn't bother with it and only cared about the result? When he was in my current position, did he also feel the same way? No, considering his personality he probably doesn't care that much, but he can still step up to the top despite his apathy. Because of that, I will also keep going. No matter what they throw at me, I will find them and destroy them one by one.

"Before you start drowning in whatever delusions you're having, I need to remind you about some of our dearest classmates..." Oh, dear. Really troublesome. What else can these people do besides complain and blame?

"What about them?"

"Mostly the usual things...they say you're just talking big and so on, it's just that after this trial those voices seem to be getting louder."

I chuckled. "I don't give a damn about them..."

"I think you should..."

I grinned

I grinned. "Don't worry Karin-chaaan, after the first special exam they will realize that they can't do shit without me...and that is a fact."

This defective class. They are all here because of their own fault, and they should be grateful that I am willing to do something for them but instead, they dare to complain. Well, whatever, that's how teenagers are. I just have to do what I can. Even the most lousy humans can still be useful if you know how to use them. That's what sensei taught me.

***

At first, I was about to use the black-haired Mikey from Tokyo Revengers as a model for Ishikawa, but then I found some good AI art website and you can see the result above. From now on most of the characters will be done with AI (Should've just done this instead using fanarts from google).  This short story marks the very end of the second arc. The third arc might come a bit later because I was busy with real life. I hope you can enjoy this story, see you next time.