Chapter 33: Assault or Accident

After parting ways with Satonaka, I immediately called Kasai. Our conversation was brief as in the end she decided to address the rest face to face. She said he would meet me in my room and hung up right after.

Since there was nothing I wanted to do I went straight back to my room. When I entered the room, I felt something odd. Why are there women's shoes at the entrance? Did Nee-chan ever leave her shoes here? No, it's not her size. When I lifted my face and looked into the room, imagine how shocked I was when I saw Kasai already sitting in a chair near my desk.

"Welcome home, Kurose-kun," she greeted me with a sweet smile.

"You...how did you get in?" all the rooms in the dorm had keycard locks, so she shouldn't be able to break into them. That being the case, I sure as hell didn't forget to close the door when I left.

"I have a spare," Kasai took out a keycard from her pocket.

"What? How did you get that?"

"I asked for it from the staff in the lobby. When I told them my friend lost the key, they make one for me."

Whaaaaat? How can the staff don't even question anything? There should be a rule that prohibits them from giving a spare keycard to anyone except to the occupant of that room.

"Why did you do that?" I asked Kasai. We had promised to meet today, so why did she feel compelled to wait in my room?

"Because I was bored, so I decided to come first."

This girl...again she did whatever she wanted. "Give me the keycard."

"No, this is mine..." said Kasai as she clutched the key card to her chest.

"That's the key to my room, give it to me!"

"Our room."

OK, now I'm getting annoyed. "Since when was this your room too?"

"Since I said so."

"Hey, I'm serious. Give me the key or I'll take it by force."

Kasai sighed softly. "Fine, if you really want it."

After that, instead of giving me the keycard, she grabbed her collar and then tucked the keycard into her shirt. Then she looked at me with a defiant smile as if to say 'Take it if you dare'. This is so unfair.

"That's cheating," I muttered and Kasai chuckled.

"Cheating? Are there any rules? You can take it if you want it. I won't fight back, and I definitely won't report you for sexual harassment either."

Yeah, as if anyone in their right mind would believe that saying. In the end, I gave up and decided to sit on the floor. It's useless to fuss over things when it comes to dealing with Kasai.

She seemed satisfied with my decision and then took a seat in front of me. "So tell me what you were talking about with the candy hair and our class president."

I'm still a little annoyed with her but try to ignore the feeling and start talking. I told her everything I heard from Nanahara even though she probably should have known more than me. Even so, she still listened to my explanation carefully.

"Nanahara said, when she was chasing that guy, there were some people who gave her the wrong direction, they are your lackeys right?"

"Yes, but not all of them. Only one, the other two are just his classmates who happened to be there."

I knew it. Satonaka thought they were from class A because they looked as if they wanted to save the victim. But it turned out that they were from class C in the second year and that was what had confused Satonaka earlier. Why did the second-year students decide to interfere? Does he just want to help the victim for some selfless reason? The answer was no, he had no intention of helping the class A student. On the contrary, he was trying to help Nanahara with Kasai's orders.