Kurose Yukie's SS: Their Crush

That day I spent most of my time watching dramas. It's the holidays and I'm not in the mood to leave the dorm. Even so tonight I had promised to come to Mayu-chan's room.

When I saw the group chat, I realized that my three friends went to the gym this morning. They apparently exercised with my little brother Yuki and his friend Minami-kun. Mayu-chan sent lots of photos in the group chat. Most contain photos of Kyouko-chan and Minami-kun. They also said that they actually wanted to take me but I wasn't awake yet. Indeed, the only sport I am willing to do is jogging. I don't want to spend my day off drenched in sweat.

At night we immediately gathered in Mayu-chan's room. Unfortunately, the others couldn't come for one reason or another, so there was only me, Mayu-chan, Saki-chan, and Kyouko-chan. Oh, Kyouko-chan couldn't calm down since earlier because Mayu-chan kept teasing her.

"You should see Kyouko's face when Minami-kun did the uh...what's it called...oh, yeah, bench-press! Her eyes couldn't leave the man..."

"H-he told us to pay attention," Kyouko-chan tried to reason with a blush. "How could I possibly learn the correct moves without seeing them?"

"Then you should be watching his arms, not his abs," we all chuckled at that and Kyouko-chan blushed even more.

"I didn't see his abs...I swear!"

"But I have your picture here," Mayu-chan showed her cell phone. "You are caught in 4k."

"Mayu-chaaa!" Kyouko-chan screamed and tried to grab the phone from Mayu-chan's hand but the girl managed to avoid it while laughing happily.

Seeing Mayu-chan who kept teasing Kyouko, I just laughed. This girl is very cute when she's flustered. But somehow I realized that Saki-chan had been smiling awkwardly when we started talking about this.

"Saki-chan, what's wrong?"

"Hmm? Oh, nothing. I was just daydreaming a bit."

Hmm... Saki-chan isn't usually daydreaming. Don't tell me she also caught my brother's laziness disease? Is it that contagious? Ah never mind. Maybe she's just exhausted from working out at the gym. Now I'm more interested in discussing Kyouko-chan's love story

"But, seriously Kyouko-chan," I said. "I really didn't expect you to fall in love so quickly. You've only met him once and you're already head over heels with him."

It all starts with that day. When we had lunch with Yuki and Minami-kun. At first, her attitude was casual, but the more she talked to Minami-kun the more her eyes lit up. Gradually she started to ignore us and kept talking to Minami-kun. I don't know if the guy also likes her or not, but he seems comfortable talking to her too.

Kyouko-chan who looked confused then lowered her head in shame. "After all...apart from his appearance...he's quite a good person. At that time he deliberately gave us his chair...he was fun to talk to, and quite polite, and he was also patient...especially when he was training me at the gym. Who wouldn't like a guy like that? I mean he's strong and very kind."

Minami-kun sure looks like a delinquent, especially with that beanie hat. However, he is a good boy, even Yukiharu himself says so. He is quite friendly and gets along well with his classmates. He also seems to be good at sports, so it's no wonder Kyouko-chan likes him. No, it's not just Kyouko-chan, I'm sure there are lots of girls who might like a guy like that. Kyouko-chan might get a bit of competition.

"If you really like him, why don't you just tell him?" I made a suggestion and Kyouko-chan looked surprised.

"W-w-what are you saying, Yukie-chan? Confess... to him?"

"Yes, I agree," Mayu-chan supported me. Of course, she will support me. She must have really wanted to witness Kyouko-chan's love confession. "As you said, Minami-kun is indeed a nice and cool guy, that's why you have to act fast. What if he's taken by someone?"

Kyouko-chan looked doubtful. Well, I can't blame her. Expressing your feelings to your crush is never easy. Especially if it's your first love. I wonder if my two exes were also confused like this before they confessed their feelings to me. Hmm...the second one...maybe not.

"But...what if I get rejected?"

"Don't worry," I tried to encourage her. "Minami-kun seems quite comfortable with you, you're also quite pretty after all, I'm sure he'll accept you."

"Maybe...we shouldn't rush." Saki-chan, who had been silent for some reason before, suddenly interrupted. "Confessing your feelings isn't easy, therefore, let Kyouko-chan go at her own pace."

Strange. Usually, Saki-chan is also very supportive of their relationship. Why doesn't she suddenly want Kyouko-chan to make a move on Minami-kun?... Wait, don't tell me that Saki-chan is also in love with Minami-kun? Hm... no, no way. There was never any sign that she had a crush on Minami-kun. Then what happened?

"Hmm... ah yes. I just remembered something," Mayu-chan said. "Saki-chan, you've been alone with little brother-kun for quite some time, right?"

I just realized. If Minami-kun is busy teaching Mayu-chan and Kyouko-chan, then that means Saki-chan will be trained privately by Yuki. Don't tell me something is also blooming between the two of them?

"W-well, that's right. But we were just doing some exercise and talking about school stuff."

"Really?" Mayu-chan still looks doubtful. "You two trained together all that time and only talked about school matters? It's hard to believe, are you sure you're not talking about something more...private? I know I would if I were you."

"Mayu-chan, you already have a boyfriend." Kyouko-chan reminded her.

"I mean if I was single and in her position," that's what she said, but we all know that she would still do it even if she was already dating. I feel sorry for Isogai-kun. Mayu-chan must learn how to refrain from teasing with anyone she meets.

"Come on, you know me and Yuki-kun have only known each other for less than two months. Why do you already think that I have feelings for him?" said Saki-chan

"Why not? Me and Yuuji-kun start dating in less than a month." Indeed, Mayu-chan and Isogai-kun got together without a hitch. I don't know whether to be amazed or worried about it. Because people who quickly start a relationship are usually also quick to change their hearts.

"I'm not you, Mayu-chan."

"Yukie-chan, what do you think as his sister?"

"I think you two make a good couple, well, that's if Saki-chan is willing," I smiled mischievously. I didn't really mean what I said. I say that only as a joke. But if the two really have feelings for each other then I will support them.

"Mou, Yukie-chan not you too..."

Saki-chan kept denying it, but I also noticed that she was the one who talked to Yuki the most, whenever we met him. Yuki also seems to have shown interest in Saki-chan, but I guess it's just curiosity. I do like to tease him about it, but that's just to mess with him a little.

I realized that my brother is also good-looking, so it's not surprising that girls are attracted to him. It's just that he had a bad experience with his previous girlfriend, so maybe he tends to be more passive in romantic matters. I think it would be better if he got a new one quickly, whoever that is.

***

This chapter originally had an illustration for Yukie but I deleted it and replaced it with a new illustration in first chapter. You guys can check it again after I upload chapter 41.