Chapter 11: Dark Eyes

Nee-chan couldn't come that night because she had an appointment to have dinner together in one of her friends' room. That night, Teiichi and I spent time together watching a movie. Teiichi is a person who likes to wake up early so he said his farewell before the night got too late. After that, I spent some time alone contemplating what happened that day, even when I went to school I couldn't stop thinking about it either.

Regarding that incident, I suspect someone. Of course, I have no proof but I don't think anyone could be more suspicious. Before class started, I decided to text someone to meet me on the rooftop for lunch. The person in question did not answer but I was sure they would meet me.

Lunchtime arrived and I headed straight for the roof. I sat leaning against the handrail while eating the simple lunch I had prepared this morning. This place is perfect for people who want to be alone. After a few minutes, I saw the roof door open and a girl appeared behind it. The girl walked to me in a relaxed manner without any burden at all. She also brought a lunch box just like me.

"I hope you didn't wait too long," Kasai said while sitting beside me. "Oh, you also brought lunch? What a coincidence. You made it yourself?"

"Yes," I answered briefly.

"I didn't know you could cook."

"Not really. I just followed the recipe on the internet."

Kasai opened her lunch box. Her menu looks a bit fancier than mine, maybe she's good at cooking? Because I don't remember anything like that being sold at the convenience store. The lunch seemed to taste pretty good because Kasai seemed to be enjoying it.

"We look like a couple on a date," Kasai muttered.

Boy and girl eating together on the roof of the school. There's nobody here but us. If someone came to the roof and saw us, they would surely think we were dating. Me...dating Kasai? To be honest, I cringe a little at the thought. Kasai was far from my type, in fact, she scares me a little.

"So, what do you want with me?" she asked.

"I'll get straight to the point," I said. "I have a friend in the student council. He told me that currently several second and third-year students are carrying out some kind of scam. Did you know about that?"

"Yeah, I know..."

"Okay, that makes things easier. In short, the student council suspects the involvement of the first-year students..."

"I see, well they're right about that..."

"So they started investigating...huh? What did you say?"

"I said...they're right. Those people were indeed assisted by a first-year student."

"And you know who it is?"

"Of course. I know that person more than anyone. The person...is me." Kasai said while pointing at her own face. It's much easier than what I expected. Even though I've already thought of several arguments to make her confess.

"I know you suspect me," she added. "That's why you called me here, right?"

"Well, yes, but why did you just admit it?"

"Because I have no reason to hide it from you," she said casually. I didn't mean to complain but still, this girl is pretty weird.

"Why did you do it?"

"Why? Isn't it obvious? The senpais wanted points so I helped them. Of course, they share the profits with me."

She didn't say it directly. But I'm sure she's not only offering help but also inciting those poor seniors. This girl was more greedy than I thought. "Why do you want so many points? I know that our points might decrease in the next month, but a few days ago you also received points from Kumoi-senpai. That should be enough to live on for the next two months."