Chapter two - Hatred

Niragi

'Did you ever hear of the word 'privacy'?' he asked me.
I laughed. 'Ha ha ha! With all the keyholes in the building glued down, privacy is not available anymore, Chishiya! Besides, it could be that I just mistook your rooms door for mine. We share the same hallway, you know...' I said while looking innocently at him.

'Ah, so you do remember my name after all...' Chishiya said in his deepest voice and turned around slowly so he could face me. He casually leaned against the sink. He wasn't afraid? I quickly bridged the distance between us and pushed him against the sink with my own body, placing my two hands next to his head against the mirror. He couldn't go anywhere now.

'Who do you even think you are?' I yelled at him and I stuck out my tongue to touch the tip of his nose with it.

Chishiya

I felt the cold metal of his tongue piercing against my nose and a shiver went through my whole body. The heath of his body against mine radiated through our clothes and made this room seem small. In a reflex, I drew back the best I could and hurt my buttock against the sink.
'What do you want?' I asked with a controlled voice.
He replied: 'I just want to make something clear. It isn't up to you to find the key elements in the games and solve them. It is up to me and our team. That's what the boss wants. So keep your nose out of our business. I don't care whether you are a co-board member or not. You are still a useless piece of...' He stopped mid sentence and looked at me furiously. 'Why are you smiling?' And I smiled even more.
'Because I bet you would do anything for your boss. Just like a little puppy. Are you in love with him or something?'

'What?! Stop challenging me!' Niragi yelled in my ear and he took my hair in his right hand and pulled it. His face was just one centimeter away from mine and I could feel his breath against my cheek. The world stood still for a moment.

'Niragiiii! Where the fuck are you!?' we heard Aguni screaming from the hallway. 'We have a board meeting in five minutes. You better be there, or I kill you.'
I showed Niragi my brightest smile: 'yeah, puppy. Go, or he'll kill you.'
He pushed my head to the side and I fell against the shower glass.
'See you in five fucking minutes, loser,' he said and he left my room.

Niragi

'So, what's the matter, boss?' Chishiya asked, pronouncing the last word very clearly. He looked right at me while he did so and kept a straight face.
'There are two newcomers at the Beach. They looked like a help to us for the games. The girl is very fit and strong and the boy is clever. But ever since they came here, it seems like they get themselves it trouble,' Hatter said.
'It's time to show them who the real boss is!' Aguni replied.

Chishiya had been looking at me the whole time. He didn't even blink. He makes me so crazy! 'Maybe they are just not the following type, like some of us are,' Chishiya intervened.
I stood up and knocked my fists on the table while yelling: 'then they have to live with the consequences! I will take care of them, boss. Don't worry.' And I licked my lips while grinning at Chishiya.
The tension in the room was clearly there and nobody dared to say something for the next 10 seconds.
'Okay. Than this meeting is over,' Hatter said and stood up to leave the room.
I kept staring at Chishiya for a minute and quickly left the Board Room together with the other militants to go search for the two newcomers.

Chishiya

I was the only one left in the Board Room. I stared at the table in front of me and thought deeply. Niragi made me crazy. He really was a dumb puppy, but he probably couldn't do better. He probably also just wanted to survive. And that's why he was such a follower of his boss Aguni. He probably was just scared.

I stood up and left to take a rest in my room. In the hallways, I heard a scream and I quickly ran to where the sound came from to see what was happening. I saw a boy laying knocked-out on the floor and ran a bit further. One of the doors of this hallway was ajar. I glared through it and saw Niragi and the other militants. The militants were holding a girl down on the bed and Niragi stood in front of it. I saw him climbing on the girl and tearing her shirt apart. He licked her belly and kissed her chin. While he did this, his fingers were opening the buttons of her pants. He pulled off her pants and licked her tights while she tried to break free. Niragi laughed and opened the buttons of his own pants.

I got grabbed by my shoulder and pulled backwards. The door got closed in front of my face and one of the militants stepped in front of it to block my way. 'Let Niragi and the others do their job, loser. Get lost.'

The only thing I felt that moment was hatred, anger and disgust.

[End of chapter two]

_______________________________________

Hii! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are looking forward to reading more. Votes and comments are appreciated, I'd love to hear from you!

Photo from the Alice in Borderland series on Netflix