Chapter twenty seven - Silence before the storm

Chishiya

It was late in the afternoon when I decided to pack some usabilities from the house I had stayed in and leave to search for the metro entrance I found on the map. I packed the rest of the food and medicines and took the big map from the teenagers room with me as well.

I opened the door to leave and squinted my eyes to get used to the bright sunlight before I started to walk in the right direction. Reading maps had always been a forté of mine, so I found the place easily. However, when I descended the stairs of the metro, it seemed like I wasn't the only one. I approached the shadow in silence.

'Well, well. I knew you had it in you to escape. Sorry from earlier. But I had to stick to the plan to get the cards,' I said slowly and I grabbed some playing cards out of my pocket to wave them before his eyes. Arisu turned around towards me.

He smiled. 'Chishiya. I am glad you made it out alive as well. You definitly didn't make it easy for me,' he grinned. How was he able to always forgive everyone and smile, no matter what? Usagi and Kuina came out of the dark while Arisu talked to me. Usagi had a sceptic look on her face. She clearly didn't trust me anymore. She was a smart girl.

I smirked at them in delight. Even though I didn't want to admit it, I was happy to see they got out safely. Then I realized where we were and came to the point: 'how did you guys find out about this place?'

'You missed a lot, Chishiya,' Arisu smiled sad. 'There was chaos and Aguni tried to kill ev-e-ry-one. Even innocents. That girl, Asahi, sacraficed herself to break through the chaos and let us carry the body of the witch towards the fire. It seemed like Asahi and Momoka knew more. Can you believe it was Momoka herself after all?' he went on.

'Off course it was Momoka,' I lilled. 'It was obvious from the start what the game masters tried to do. But I must admit, it was a bit much. Even for me,' I laughed.

Arisu stared at me in disbelief for a moment. 'Right before the Beach collapsed due to the fire, we found Asahi's phone. It wasn't one like we always receive during the games. It was a different one, with more functions. We found out about the video's she had made together with Momoka. Video's of them going through tunnels to get to a place full of TV's. They led us here. We're gonna find out what they were hiding from us. Are you joining us?' he told me.

'Arisu, are you crazy?!' It was the first time Usagi had said something. 'Why the fuck should you trust this two-faced liar again? He almost got you killed!' she screamed. I smirked at her without any comments.

'Usagi, even though he did what he did, I could understand his way of thinking. He is very smart and he has the cards, that's what we always wanted to achieve together, right? He can be useful. Besides, I always give everyone a second chance!' Arisu tried to convince her.

I laughed on the inside. Did he really think I was still planning on sharing the cards with them? I thought he was smarter than that. I grinned.

'Are you really giving hím another chance? You shouldn't be so forgiving. Would you, for example, also give Niragi another chance?' she whispered madly and stroked her arm with her hand.

I pricked up my ears at the mention of his name. I wanted to ask if they knew anything more about him, but I kept my mouth shut.

Niragi

I woke up again to a burning pain on my chest in the late afternoon. I swung my legs over the bed and looked at myself in the mirror. Shit. Blood and another, yellowish body fluid dripped from the bandages onto the ground. I stretched myself and stood up. After pouring the rest of the water into the sink, I washed my hands and started removing the bandages.