Chapter thirty six - Like coins in a casino - Part one

Niragi

About an hour after he left, Chishiya came back in with a depressed face.

'Are you okay?' I asked worried.

He picked himself up quickly: 'uhm... yes, it's all right. How have you been? Did the painkiller work? Did you take some rest?'

He tossed the bag in the corner of the room, ran towards my bed and kneeled on the ground, taking my hand in his. He had a new bruise on his left cheek and two near his neck, but I ignored it and nodded as a reply on all of his questions.

'I found a laptop!' his face cleared up.

I excitedly uprighted myself and felt a sharp pain in my side: 'argh... That's great!' I smiled.

He continued: 'I also thought of the next step. Wanna hear it?'

'Of course' I replied as I nonchalantly played with his hand between my fingers.

He looked at it while he talked: 'so we will go to the Queen of Diamonds together. While I protect you in the game, you can secretly use the electricity to hack into the laptop and make your program. I'll distract the Queen as long as you need me to...'

I brought his fingers towards my mouth and sucked on his index finger. He stopped talking and watched the scene mesmerized.

'I could use some distraction too...' I grinned. He leaned forward to kiss my lips. I put my hand on his left cheek. He cringed a bit because of the painful bruise, but picked himself up quickly.

I slid my tongue piercing over his lower lip as he shivered. He opened his mouth and my tongue met his. I intensified the kiss as my hands rose and my fingers tightened in his blond locks.

After a while, he closed his mouth, pulled back with a smile and cleared his throat. 'Niragi... We need to focus. And you need to heal a bit more before...' his eyes shifted towards my crotch and back up to imply what he meant. I grunted and sat back.

'I also brought us some food on the way back. Let's rest and eat. Let's stay one more night before confronting the Queen' he said. I nodded as he crawled in the bed with me.

He sat with his back against the headboard. I laid on his chest and his arm laid around me. It felt good.

'Close your eyes and rest some more, Niragi. I'll keep watch' he whispered. And I closed my eyes to fall into a deep sleep.

Chishiya

The light shone throught the window again. It had been a long night and I could barely stay awake. I was tired, but Niragi needed the sleep more than I did. I stood up as silently as I could, grabbed the bag, zipped it open and found the freeze-dried noodles and beans. I hoped that the stove would work. Then we could have a hot meal again.

'I am right back' I whispered and went downstairs to find the kitchen. Bingo: it was a gas stove and there was still some gas left. I searched for a little pot, poured some water in it and waited for it to boil. I heard stumbling on the staircase and looked behind me to find Niragi, standing in the door opening. It was a nice sight to see and reminded me of our first encounter in my room back at the Beach hotel.

'Hi' I said while smiling, 'you are out of your bed.'

He grinned: 'yes, I am. I am feeling a lot better already because of your good care.'

I smiled.

'That's good to hear' I said while looking in the cabinets for a fork. I emptied the box of food in the boiling water and stirred with the fork. Niragi stumbled towards me and hugged me from behind.