Chapter twenty nine - The king of clubs

Trigger warning: rape

I reuploaded this chapter because of difficulties with edits.

_______________________________________

Niragi

After hours of waiting on top of the container, Kuina, Usagi, Arisu and cap-dude arrived. I hid and peeked over the border of it. I couldn't help but smirk while thinking about their faces when they'd discover they had to play with me.

Arisu read the sign about the bracelets out loud and took one of them to inspect it. 'What do you think this game will be about? Will it be worth it?' he asked.

'I think so. We are a strong group and all of us have other fortés. Clubs is about teamwork, so I am sure we'll do great! Let's wait no longer and put on the bracelets!' Kuina said enthousiastically.

Arisu didn't hesitate and clasped the one he was holding around his arm. Kuina and cap-dude did the same. Usagi was cautious, as always. That bitch never did something risky, did she? She looked at the sign, squinting her eyes. She frowned: 'the sign says five players. But there are only four of us. Though, there is no bracelet left when I take this last one. There is someone already in the game. Someone who was here before us.'

Arisu gasped and turned around quickly to look for another person. This was my time to shine! I stood up and laughed like a madman while sticking my arm into the sky. Arisu's eyes widened.

'You...' Usagi spitted out.

I grinned and jumped off the container. 'Come on, darling, put on the bracelet. You wouldn't dare to let Arisu play with me all alone, would you?' I smirked while walking over to Usagi, stroking Arisu's chin with my fingertip while walking past him.

She grumbled and violently grabbed the bracelet. 'I'm not scared of you. Let's play,' she said.

The doors of the playing area opened with a creaking sound as we entered the field. For a moment, it was silent. But right when we came to a stop in the middle of a large square surrounded by containers, rock music started playing. The four others stood back to back to have an overview of the whole square and I stood a couple of metres away from them.

'What do you think will happen?' Arisu asked.

Right when Usagi wanted to answer his question, people started coming from every street connected to the square. There were five of them: one woman and four men. One of them was fucking naked. Moron.

'We are citizen of Borderland. Welcome to our game! My name is Kyuma and I am the leader of team King of clubs,' the naked dude proclaimed.

'Citizen?' Arisu asked.

'Yes. Citizen. We live here and we made this game especially for you. We are so excited to play it with you and to get to know y'all while playing!' Kyuma grinned excitedly.

'Why the fuck are you naked?' I laughed at him.

'See, you should've dressed yourself for our entrance! Now they think we're idiots,' the woman hissed at him.

Kyuma rolled his eyes and nodded. 'They'll have to take me as I am, just like I'll take them how they are. In this world, we show each other our naked selves. That's the beauty of Borderland. I just make it even easier!' he giggled.

Arisu frowned and asked: 'what do you mean? This world is so cruel! I want to get out of here, back to the real world. Do you know how to do that?'

Kyuma smiled and approached Arisu. 'What is the real world? Isn't the world that you call real also very cruel?' he asked while looking at every one of us individually. It felt like he could look through me and see what I went through in the real world. Even though he seemed like an idiot at first glance, he was smart.