Ch 2: Getting around... A little bit.

.
Fixing his tie and outfit, he sighed as he threw his bag over his shoulder and checked the time. He thought it was best to leave early so he could explore this world a bit. 

His little puppy, Kaelo, just slept peacefully on his bed as he basically rolled over to expose his belly. "Isn't someone just comfortable, hmm? Can't be me." He laughed as he rubbed the pup's belly and watched the dog wave his tail in his sleep. 

It's a good thing Kaelo was already used to being left alone for a few hours. Perfect house guard, Anim's little protector! 

He took one more look in the mirror, not being able to shake off the feeling that he had seen this uniform somewhere before. But he had better things to worry about than some uniform, so he just headed to the door and stepped outside. Putting his keys through the keyhole and locking the door, he heard a voice call out to him. 

"Oi! Kid! What happened yesterday? Did you trip or something?" A lady asked him; it sounded like the voice he heard last time when he banged his head on the wall. Anim gulped as he wasn't sure how to properly respond to the lady. 

"Sorry... And yeah, I tripped. My forehead still hurts from it." Anim placed a calm expression on his face as he chuckled a little. The lady laughed as she handed him a small lunch box: "Here, kid, this is the bento I made for you. Your father was really worried about you when he was talking to me yesterday, so maybe this might help." 

"Ah.. thank you." 
'Food is arranged! Thank you, whoever is my father.'
"Anyways, enjoy!" The lady waved as Anim shoved the bento box into his bag and just waved bye to the lady as well. 

While he walked down the stairs, he pulled his phone out. Looking up the school's location He already knew the name of the school from one of his school notebooks, so he only had to look it up on Google Maps—no wait, "Hoohle Maps."

"Very original. YouTube is probably named "UsPipe" or something." He rolled his eyes. As he followed through, while walking, he looked around the whole area. not finding anything familiar—which was obvious but still unbelievable. 

He started to walk up to the road as he found many other people heading in the same direction. All are wearing the same uniform, so he must be going in the right direction at least. 

Although he was somehow walking in his own bubble, what he means by that is that he was hearing some whispers. Something started with his name, but then he wasn't able to hear anything. 

Now that's how you can smell trouble from a mile away. 

Anim stopped his steps at the school gates, looking up at the school building. which still didn't ring any bells for him. He remembered reading in a text that he has to meet the guidance counsellor once before he goes to class, so he headed straight there. 

Don't ask him how he actually got there. He just did. 

"May I come in?" He asked, pecking his head through the door. The counsellor turned his head as he smiled, "Ah, you came. Please have a seat."

Anim nodded and walked inside, sitting down on the seat as the counsellor sat on his, resting both of his hands on the table. "How have you been? You have been skipping out on this, so I was getting worried about what you might be up to."

"Um... I" 
'What kind of depressed child am I?'

"You are not obligated to answer that; I just want to know what you have been up to these days... Your teachers told me your grades fell again. You been on leaves often, so... is everything alright?"

"Um, yeah, everything is alright. I... Burnout I suppose? But I assure you, I am fine," Anim told her as he kept his head down. somehow being worried about himself only, thinking, "I must be messed up."

The counsellor asked a few more questions, which Anim was somehow able to answer too. Some questions were about his past self, which he wasn't sure how to answer, so he just lied his way through them. 

Soon, the counsellor lets Anim leave after a few minutes. which Anim appreciated very much because he really wanted to leave.

"No wonder I ran away from counseling; it's stressful." He sighed as he began walking to class, yawning a bit because he hadn't slept well yesterday. 

He entered his class, and as soon as he did, he felt some eyes on him. 
"Em, good morning everyone," Anim greeted, which everyone was surprised by as only some of them responded back hesitantly. 

The black-hair boy walked to his seat and sat down. I ignored the eyes that were just drilling holes in him. 

"Someone help me," he cried in his mind. What kind of world has he been dumped into? Soon, a group of boys entered the room, and everyone's attention was drawn to them as they happily chattered away. 

One of them had short brown hair, one of them had green hair, which he was sure wasn't natural, another one had lighter brown hair, and one wore a headband. 

Now this started to ring some bells in Anim's brain, especially about the green-hair guy and the darker-hair guy. He has seen them before somewhere, but where? He just couldn't remember for the life of him. 

Time passed, and the treacher came. Everyone studied. normal school stuff.

After all the classes ended, the class held a little meeting about an upcoming school festival. Anim didn't pay too much attention at first, but then he noticed the brown-haired boy was missing. 

"So who could take up the job of costume?" 
The class president asked, and the people around started to whisper a no but also suggested that "Mahiru" should do it. 

'Mahiru...? I have heard that before.'

Suddenly, the brown-hair guy bursts through the door with a batch of cookies.

'MAHIRU SHIROTA-?! THAT GUY FROM SERVAMP?' Anim yelled in his mind as his eyes basically shot open. So he is in the world of this really old anime! What the hell? How?? 

While he was calculating the reason why he was here, everyone was talking about how good Mahiru's cooking was. Mahiru walked towards Anim's seat as he showed him the cookies. "Cookies?" He smiled. 

"Ah, um, yes! Thank you!" Anim thanked him as he took one and ate it. His eyes brightened up the moment he took the bite. "These are so delicious," he said. 

"I am glad you found them good this time. Last you just refused to eat at the sight of them," Mahiru nervously chuckled; he didn't expect him to give such a positive response; "he" was never nice to anyone, mostly alone. So this was a surprise to everyone. 

"Well, if I didn't eat then, I'll take another one," Anim casually took another one and ate it. absolutely loving the taste, as everyone could practically feel the flowers and glow beside him. 

"So Mahiru made the class loner open up too, huh?" The green-hair, Sakuya spoke with a chuckle.

'Class Loner?' He wondered as he chewed on the cookie. His main focus is on the cookie more than anything else. Keep your priorities straight ma dudes. 

"Anyhow, why should I be the one to do the customs? But considering that no one knows how to sew, and I also have the least load, I'll do it," Mahiru said. Anim felt he got Mahiru's whole character on display in just a few minutes. 

Simple. Giving. Kind. Malewife. Good looking. He got the stuff, ya know? Anim was all for it. 

The convention continued on, and the new question that arrived now was, "Who will be in charge of the decorations and drawings?" 

Anim raised his hand as he said, "I'll do it." without even realising he was doing it. It was like a reflex action. He was so used to doing decorations and artwork for his previous school that volunteering for this was second nature to him. 

which turned out to be the move Anim did not want to take. "I mean, I could if I had the time-"

"Perfect! Anime will do it! Ho, it's been sooooo long since we have seen him get along with the class. I am now sure this festival will be a success!" The class president cheered as he wrote Anim's name down on the board. 

'Good grief, I am so stupid.'

Anim basically dug his own grave in a span of 10 minutes. He wasn't planning to get involved in the story like this, but here he was. 

Something in the back of Anim's mind screamed, "This will not turn out well."

and he was probably right.