Ch 34. Smile. :>

Warning: unedited.

====================================
.
.
.

"Thank you Tsuyuki... Honestly, thank god The C3 was able to handle that train wreak of an event..."

"As you know, I am always prepared for every possible situation."

"Yeah... Thank you again tho..."

Tsuyuki nodded, as then handed Anim a medical file. Eying the Bandaged servamp of sloth at the corner, though resentful they did help in Tsubaki's case for a bit. After all, only they are the ones who can provide help in this moment.

Tsuyuki leaves, leaving Anim alone with Kuro. Kuro was shirtless and just covered in Bruises. Injury done by Tsubaki's Kitana are no joke... They don't even heal properly. Though Kuro's arm returned because of the link, though it left a scare behind.

Anim also had a bandage on his cheek where he was cut. And his finger which his used to make that marionette circle.

"Tsubaki... Really left a number huh...?" Anim starts as Kuro nodded, looking at his bandaged hand which seemed to be have not done properly for some reason.

"You could have died.." Says Anim, looking at Kuro's hand as well. "No... Not really. As long as I have my gift, I'd be alive... I think..." Kuro muttered.

"But. But you could have died! What then?" Anim asked as he took the losely bandaged hand as he started to fix it. "Well... That would have been a blessing then..."

Anim paused as he eyed Kuro. "Listen here you-"

"It's true... Like you know... I never thought the creation of Servamps was a good thing..." He says. "I... Failed again..."

He suddenly felt a sharp pain, It was Anim who made bandaged tighten a bit. "Shut up... You didn't fail. If you would have been we all have been dead." Anim says, now properly tying.

"What we did was Try. And we will Try again. We can't expect Tsubaki to listen to us so easily, it's like giving a child crayons and telling him to paint the stary night. It doesn't work that way." Anim huffed, maybe even sniffled a bit.

Anim tied it, now just held on to Kuro's hand as he looked directly at the servamp sitting in front of him. "And we will try again. So nothing like this happens in the future. Tsubaki is still out there, still with his goal. Maybe he will return stronger, maybe he will hug.

"But all you need to know. That you didn't fail" Anim told him firmly.

His words always make his heart stop for a moment.

But then he felt a flick in his forehead. "So STOP talking about DYING. Because I will be... I..." Anim trails off, eyes saddening the more he thinks about it. Soon, he heard a soft sigh, feeling something gently land on his chest and a squeeze on his hands.

"I got it.. I got it... Stop eating my ears out..." Kuro muttered. Buried in the warmth as he exhales. "Your so annoying... So so annoying..." He murmurs. Yet he still likes it a little bit.

Anim was getting red. Maybe from embarrassment of the position or maybe from his annoying words. "Wha.. I am so tired... I'll just sleep in here" Kuro says.

"Wait- WAIT- Not in THIS position!" Anim yells but Kuro dozed off. Or did he... 🤨

Either way, Anim couldn't move for the next few minutes. He feels he will combust, definitely from embarrassment and not from the blue tuft of hair just plopped and those bandaged covered shoulder blades all too visible for his eyes to see. Not to mention hand holding.