Ch 12. Happy Birthday.

.
.
.

"Open your eyes."

"Hm?"

Anim did as he was told, he opened his eyes and was in some sort of subspace. At first it took a hot second for Anim to process the situation, but he got it eventually.

If the interaction between him and Lily is anything to go by along with his previous knowledge; he was on Kuro's conscience or something like that... And a little cute-creepy cat thing should be here to greet him any minute now.

"You seemed informed, Anim Kurushimi"

And there it is, He look down, and danm this cat is smaller then Anim originally thought, so he had to get down to it's level to properly interact with it.

"Yeah, you could say I did my homework" Anim said, waving one of his hand around. The cute-creep cat covered his smiling stitched face with it's paws and a noise came out from him, as if it's a giggle.

"Did your homework, or did you already knew"

".... No need to act so creepy- woh-" And Anim was blasted in the face with a confetti popper by the stitched cat. "Either way, Happy Birthday Anim"

"Ha... Thanks... (?)"

(You can turn it into a marketable plushy)

The stitched cat started to walk in the direction of the path. it was walking as if it was a child, making tiny little hop's as it's tail swinged from one side to another.

Anim can't be the only one that finds this little guy cute and creepy at the same time. Heck, it's leaning more on the cute side even though the situation could turn 180 any minute honestly.

"So... Where are we going exactly?" He asked as the stitched cat replied, "to get you a birthday gift, you want a gift right?"

"I... Think so...?"

"Well then, this is the happy decision of fate" The cat stopped as it's little arms pointed at the direction of the gifts just laid out, big and small, long and short, they were just piles upon piles of gifts. "Choose the one you like"

"Just remember, no matter what you choose. The end would be the same... Just different routes.."

Anim sighed a bit, this was the situation Anim didn't wanted to be in, yes he kinda agreeded to be here when he talked to others but he didn't actually wanted to choose, what if it's something other then the  broom? That's gonna be a problem.

"Can i just take the cake and leave...?" Anim asks as he noticed the Cat holding a two tierd cake.

"Na-uh"

"What do you mean na-uh-??"

The stitched cat snickered again, as Anim would only look at the pile and starts to wonder what gift to pick, should he just go for the simple one with the broom? Should he change it? What if it's a different weapon he has no idea about? What would happen in the future because of this choise?

"Anim Kurushimi... You might want a perfect path... Maybe even a known path to the ending. But... You can't. You won't."

The cat said, as it held a little torch to lit up candles, Anim took a sharp turn as he looked down at the cat.

"What...?"

"You know everything... Yet nothing. Condescending isn't it? So are you. Thinking too much won't lead to nowhere."

'What the heck is this cat saying...? How does it know-'

"Time is ticking... Tick... Tock... Tick... Tick..."

Anim's eyes widened a bit as he just picked up the simple box which Mahiru choose. He did it out of impulse and urgency, but also because he kinda knew what would happen.

Hopefully...

"Happy Birthday.... Anim Kurushimi"

°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°

Anim opened his eyes, in the actual world now... Well... As actual it can be I suppose.

He looked around, seeing his friends there, and then down in his hands, he saw his weapon, the broom. Lily smile's  gently and did a little clap for Anim saying, "what an interesting Weapon"

"Eh? A broom...? Really...?" Misono pointed out as Anim  just stared at the inanimate object with slight expression of relief... But guilt too.

He stole another thing from the main protagonist who was supposed to be here. Instead of him.

"This... Is my weapon...?" Anim was confused, irritated and just Flabbergasted. 'I knew I should have taken my time to think about it- and now...'

"That is one of the most useless weapon I have ever seen" Misono was literally shocked, "anything other then that broom would have been better."

"Says the one who have a literal CHAIR for a weapon" Anim frowned a bit.

"I never told you about my weap-"

"That thing appears and disappears like a father when he suddenly knows their child has money- do you think I am a dumb bitc-"

"Calm down. No need to take it personally" Lily puts both of his hands on Anim's shoulders to stop him from picking a fight. "Now I am sure it's useful in its own way"

Anim sighed a bit, calming down as he looked at the broom again. The broom was well... Like a normal broom. More like witch's broom.

Anim tried to notice anything different about it but nope. It's the same ol' broom. Same ol' broomy.

"Goodness what will you even do with that broom? Dust off the ground?" Misono laughed a bit, teasing Anim, which caused Anim to tick.

"... Dont know about the ground but I'll Dust off that face-!" Anim just raised the broom and tried to beat the shit out of this go forsaken Willam Afton lookn' child.

Unlike kuro, Lily just held Anim behind with a very concerned smile. Anim was a little irritated, which he thinks is the reason why the broom just.... Flew on it's own to wack the back of Misono's head?

Not that Anim minds or anything. He was delighted.

".... Holy shi-" Anim watched slightly stunned. He turned to look at Lily, and then at Kuro, with a 'see?? Its not that useless!' Eyes.

Well.

What an interesting little weapon...
.
.
.
.