Ch 4: Bringing the Cat Home.

"I am home." Anim said he opened the door and entered, his dog sprinting up to him as he jumped on the boy. 

"Whao there, Kaelo, calm down. We have a little injured guest here," Anim said, chuckling as he closed the door behind him. Kaelo tilted his head and followed his owner inside, watching him place a small figures down on a towel on his bed. 

Kaelo hopped on the bed and sniffed the unconscious cat. checking if it's of any danger, while Anim bought over a washcloth and a medical kit. "Kaelo, move!" He groaned and shoved the pup off the bed. 

Kaelo still stayed around to watch his owner help the injured cat. 

"Who did this to you...?" Anim asked as he looked sadly at the unconscious Kuro. He tried his best to patch up the wounds and placed the blanket over the cat carefully, patting the top of his head. "Sleep well, Kuro." 

Anim instructed Kaelo quietly to come outside as he closed the door to his room behind him. 

"So, I guess I am in trouble." He said this to himself as the dog looked at him with confusion. 

Let's get this straight. 

- He is from another world. 
- It's probably because of him that the story is a mess now.
- Kuro is at his home. And injured. 
- Should he kick Kuro out tomorrow when he recovers? So the main story could progress on its own. 
- what the fuck is going on. And how could he fix it?

He thought about this for a long time. It basically was the only thought that consumed his head while he did basically anything. His dog also got tired of watching his owner do things while he mumbled profanities to himself. 

Anim stopped vacuuming as he saw his dog watching him... "I look stupid, right?" He asked. 

The dog nodded. Deadass. 

"Ho- so now you understood that?" 

-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-

"Where am I..?" Kuro asked himself as he opened his eyes. He felt a bit weak and hungry. He felt a fabric that was placed on top of his small feline body. 
'I am not in the streets anymore.' He got up, the curtains were opened, and the rays of the sun were shining in the room, hence the reason why he maintained his cat form.

He stood up and hopped off the bed, noticing that his wounds had bandages and were treated. 'Who brought me here...? How troublesome' 

He opened the door and walked outside. 'Not a bad house; I wonder if they have snacks,' the cat said as it walked into the living room. only to find the owner sitting on his couch with headphones on and a tablet.

also staring down at him if he just walked into something private. 

".... Is it morning already...?" He asked as he quickly got up and looked out the window behind him as he moved the curtains. The sun hitting his eyes and the guy hissing at the sudden light source, "Fuck- my eyes-" 

Anim closed the curtains again as he yawned, put his stuff away, and walked up to him. "Why is he coming here?"

The boy picked him up as he checked the cat out properly, saying, "Hmm.. Seems like you have healed quite a bit... Perfect! Now I can give you away to Mahiru," he announced. 

'Who is Mahiru..?' Kuro thought as he noticed the dog sleeping on the couch. Anim placed Kuro down with the pup, mumbling something about what to feed "Kuro" and "Kaelo" today. 

'Does this guy not know that cute cats like me do not get along with dogs? How troublesome' 

"He probably thought something like, 'How troublesome'. I can tell by that face." Anim stared at the cat from the kitchen. Squinting his eyes as he yawned, he probably slept for about 3 hours before Kaelo decided to ruin his day by jumping on his stomach, hence the tablet and binge watching. 

'I heard that, you idiot.' Kuro said in his head as he relaxed with the asleep dog. 

A few hours passed, and Anim was getting ready for school and packing his bag while Kaelo tried to get the cat excited to play with a ball or something. Kuro, being Kuro, was being a lazy kitty. He didn't care; he got a roof over his head and food; he is fine. 

"Kaelo, stop troubling Kur-..." Anim placed his hand on his mouth and dared not actually speak his name out loud. which the cat took notice of but didn't really think about the implications. 

"I mean, the cat. Don't trouble the cat. He is not a guest that will stay forever; come on now, say your goodbyes." Anim spoke firmly as he picked up the cat. 

'Is he throwing me out? Ah... Troublesome.. Should have let me die there,' Kuro thought as Anim exited the house, Kaelo greeting him anyhow. 

Anim was just about to walk away when he got stopped by the same lady that he met the first day. "Ah! Anim! Good morning, what's ya got there, hmm?" 

"Ku-- a cat." Anim almost slipped his tongue again. The lady chuckled as she patted Kuro's head and said, "That's a cute cat. Are you going to keep it?" 

Anim hugged the cat a little tighter, shaking his head no as he looked away. He honestly didn't want to give Kuro away; like, come on, one of the main characters could have been with him... But the reality is that it cannot happen. 

It's better than hanging on some hopeless string of desire. 

"Aw? But then where are you taking him?" She asked, and Anim looked at her. "I was thinking to give it away to one of my classmates, Mahiru Shirota," he answered. 

"Mahiru? The kid that lived just below this floor?"

".... Excuse me?" 

"Yeah, You mean Mahiru Shirota right? He lives downstairs in the very last dorm."

"... Ah... Of course" 

Anim really is fucked over here. But in any case, he would make Kuro and Mahiru unite and change his name if that doesn't happen! 

"Anim... You don't need to give the cat away, you know? I am sure your father won't mind-"

"No. I can't keep him. He is not mine to keep." He told her firmly as he started to walk away, "I'll see you later, Aunty. Take care." 

And he just vanished from her sight. The lady sighed as she rubbed her arm, "Ho Anim..." She sighs once again as she walks away. 

'There is so much wrong with this kid that I could just die... What is the deal here anyways?' Kuro yawned as he tried to hide his face from the sun. He was still sleepy and tired, so Anim carrying him around in the morning was the last thing he wanted.

Anim was walking down the stairs when he ran into Mahiru. He couldn't be more relieved: "Mahiru! Wait Mahiru!!" 

The brownette turned around as he saw Anim sprint towards him and handed him a cat. "This is yours! Have a good day! See ya at school!" and he ran away. 

"Huh-?? Anim!? Who is this cat? ANIM!!" Mahiru yelled as Anim lightin' McQueened his way out of there. 

'Goodbye Kuro! I wish you and Mahiru the best! Anim wished as he ran to school. thinking that he has played his part and can now just leave. 

Get a load of this idiot. 

==================================
See y'all soon!
:>