Ch 16. All is Well.

.
.
.

"Hey, Anim. Since you have thought not to go to school today, I'll be playing games all day"

"Okay..."

"... And... And I'll be in the mood to move around a bit. So Kaelo will be barking too"

"No problem..."

"..."

What a sucky day isn't it? Anim was staring out of the window of his room, the certains only done to the side a little bit to look out side, and just taking in whatever happened last night and now pathetic he really was.

His confidence shattered so... Easily. He should have at least waited a bit for celebration, Misono wouldn't have been hurt otherwise... Then again, he should have stopped Mahiru from even going there...

"Hey... Kuro?" Anim asked, leaning on the window frame with his arms crossed but not necessarily looking at him. "Are you okay now...?"

"Uh... Yeah... That healed a long while ago, I am a vampire afterall" Kuro answered simply to which Anim just nodded his head with a hmm.

"Do you regret picking me up?" Kuro asked him, as he slowly approached Anim, as he stood in shaded sided of the window. Anim took a slight pause to answer, to which Kuro automatically assumed a 'yes' as a answer.

"No... No I don't. I mean, I had a few guilts about it but... It's not that much related to you really..." Anim confirmed as he turned his head to look at Kuro, "the future would have been the same even if it someone else who picked you up..."

Kuro was... Well, had a mix feeling about the answer. At one hand he was kinda- sorta relieved that Anim didn't exactly regret picking of the stray, and on the other hand... He still has some guilts?

Anim turned his head to look out again, leaning his head against the frame.

"Can I ask you another thing?" Kuro speaks up again, to which Anim hmmed as he look up.

"... Did you knew what would happen yesterday..."

Anim took a pause, "I..." He was gonna lie again but... He can't when Kuro is directly looking at him.

Anim's words falter a bit, he somehow just couldn't meet his gaze and lie now for unexplained reason.

Anim turned his head away with a scoft, "w..well... You tell me why did you almost drowned everyone there huh?"

"I... Uh...." Kuro didn't answer that, he also just averted his eyes away.

A prolonged silence was just settled between the two, even tho it sunny outside, the rays just felt so... Warm... A little too warm that it almost have a burning sensation. The Inside wasn't any good too, it felt cold and eary in the dark room.

"... Well..." Anim spoke a bit, thinking to resolve this conversation but his phone started to ring, cutting them both out of what they were talking about as Anim reached out to see who it was.

"Mahiru...?" Anim questioned at the contact, picking up the call as he puts it on speaker. Kuro leaned a little bit to listen to the conversation as well.

"Uh... Good Morning Mahiru... Why did you ca-"

"Come to the school"

"What-"

"Please... Just Come."

"Ah.... Okay..."

The call was hung up by Mahiru, Anim sighed and got up from his bed. Not bothered to change into his uniform because the festival preparation were probably going on right now.