Chapter 46

Kirishima and I made it back downstairs where I could see that some people had already started opening each other's presents. I throw Mina's gift at the side of her head. I was soft and after it bounced off she caught it. As I walk past Jiro I had hers to her.

"What is it?" Jiro asked staring at the flat square gift in her hands.

"a blank band* record." without hesitation I answered. Mina didn't ask but when i pivoted to answer she handed me a plate of food.

"Thanks."

A second later I noticed the young girl bouncing toward me. "Blasti!" Eri exclaimed escaping the extensive attention she got from my classmates.

I smile and stop in my tracks before stare down at her. "What's going on?" I ask with a skewed neck.

"I made you something!"

"Come show me." We end up settling at a stool by a table where I place down my plate and turn to her. Eri pulls a small clip on barret out her pocket and I observe it. There's a small handmade charm on it that reminds me of my hero costume.

"This is for you!"

"I love it so much. Where should I put it? Come on help me." I say leaning forward with my head down. She clips the hair covering my forehead back using the cute little pin.

"That's perfect!" I sit up and smile widely.

Eri eventually ends up sitting in my lapand eating the food I barely had the chance to touch. I just start there and allowed her to talk about Aizawa and Togata between large bites of food. As I indulge Eri's conversation something is placed on my head and I sigh as a white cotton ball flies between my eyes. "Mandatory Christmas spirit." Kaminari claims but before he can leave I hand himhis secret Santa gift.

"Oh shit! I don't know why but I thought you got Mina. I've been trying to guess this whole time!" he huffs placing his hands to prepare. I shoot him a stare and he shivers and nods. "oh snap!" he corrects.

He rips the wrapping shreds and finds a box of his favorite snacks. "Thank you Kil! Late night dorm munchies for the win."

"No problem."

~*~

I knock harshly on Deku's door. I don't know when he got back to his room but he was standing  in the doorway in seconds. Instead of just asking him about what I actually came here for my head scrambled and I stared at him with twitching eyebrows for a second.

Every question I had about him and his quirk rushed to the front of my brain. I felt stupid but my head was clouded by frustrations about him. "Do you take me for an idiot?" The words fall from my lips before I could process them.

"Wha- No, of course I don't."

"Where are these quirks coming from? I'm not a goddamn idiot. I may not know what you're doing now but I will find it out." I felt worse with each word that fell from my tongue but I was far enough now not to stop.

Deku was frozen like my tits were headlights. He didn't have words for me only the occasional light stammer.

"I'm not crazy, Deku. You've been quirkless all this time and now foolishly enough I'm supposed to believe that you late bloomed two completely non-genetic quirks."

" No one's trying to fool you it's just complicated-"

"Save it, Deku. If you don't want to explain I'll figure it out myself." I shove the gift bag into his arms and he barely prevents it from falling before glancing my way as I go to the elevator and get on.

I know it's none of my business and I didn't care until I felt this out of the loop. Katsuki and Deku being besties with our childhood idol while I'm left in the dust doesn't sit right with me.

~*~

Deku stands in shock for a while. before glancing down at his gift. He didn't know how to take the words of his long time friend because despite her usually cold personality she was hardly ever that threatening and direct toward him specifically. He disappears back into his room and settles at his desk to learn the containments of his gift.

He throws the wrapping paper to his desk to look in side. The first thing he finds is a thick notebook and a hero input book that details the abilities and personalities of the top 50 heroes from back when All Might was in his prime. He takes them out and finds prohero trading cards, a pack most containing All Might. He smiles and searches through the cards for a while occasionally blossoming in excitement at ine he likes.

He puts them to the side and studies his new note book that had nice quality paper and a hard cover.

He flips throughthe pages but rewinds to the first when he realizes something is on it. Deku's eye falters as he stares at the admittedly poorly drawn picture of his hero suit detailing his abilities and quirk as closely as she could've gotten for being his classmate. There's even an analysis on his moves and fighting strategies.

Deku is quite impressed with the notes about him. They competed with the way he wrote and analyzed other heroes and classmates.

He places it on the desk closed and pushes away from his desk. Deku is forced to sit in the fact that Killia pays a deep amount of attention to him. Definitely more than she's let on to this point.