Chapter 54

Killia stares at her bandaged hands. Most of her body was wrapped in a thick gauze that hindered her movements. She left strange enough after a fight like that but she left just as strange in the hospital bed. When she drew her covers back she learned of a devastating change to her body.

Killia had lost both her legs, stumps below the knee. She hardly even reacts upon noticing the difference. She glances around the room and realizes there are people to her left trying to speak to her but she can hardly hear them. She sighs deeply and looks to see who it is. Mina, Kaminari in a matching hospital gown, Shoji, and Kirishima all standing in her room with concerned faces.

Killia's eyes were neutral as she tilts her head to stare at them. "Kil don't ignore us, please~" she could make out what Kaminari's whining lips were saying based on a number of factors.

"Is she even conscious?" Kirishima asks Mina as she tilts her head back at Killia.

"Why are you guys here?" she asks softly.

"The doctor told us what happened to you and we were worried." Kirishima admits causing her to raise her eyebrows.

Kaminari jumps to wraps his arms around her. "They said you were lucky! Oh don't scare me like that again." he squeezes her side to side and she rolls her eyes to fight the urge to push him off. Kaminari was one of few she allowed to hug her.

"They said they had to amputate them... you're metal shin guards damaged the nerves." Killia sighs after Shoji speaks. She picked up just enough of his words to put the pieces together.

Hatsume said the lighter metal meant that it was less protective but it ended up being at active detriment to her. She leans up as the doctor comes in.

He explains that it's better for her to remain in bed but she gets him to send a nurse for a wheel chair as he explains some things. After all is said and done she starts to suddenly move to the edge of the bed and slides almost completely off. Shoji's arms act to hold her up as the group yells in caution.

"You have to be more careful than that!"

"Damn it Kil, we could've help you."

"Stop scaring me!" Kaminari hugs her again after she finds a way to her chair. She's annoyed more than anything. When he releases her she quickly wheels toward the door causing the group to panic again and run after her.

"The doctor said you should rest." Mina interjects.

"You shouldn't be going anywhere so soon." Shoji stops her roll and tries to pull her back but her grip on the wheel is strong enough to holt her movements.

When she gets close to the door right before she can place a hand on it, it opens and she's met with her twin. As soon as she sees him she wants to cry.

He launches toward her so quickly that he almost topples over her chair before pulling her body up slightly. She can't bring herself to completely hug him back so she pats over his shoulder and sighs.

Both haven't been up long and were rushing to see each other. "Don't ever scare me like that!" he shouts causing her to roll her eyes.

"You should probably still be resting." she sighs causing him to observe her.

"What the fuck are you gonna do?" he asks genuinely while staring at the change in her appearance.

"I haven't been this way long enough to know..." she huffs causing him to rush a hand through his spikes.

"How long before you're training again?" she shrugs gently and looks away. "Haven't you even thought to ask?!"he tilts his head in slight annoyance.

"No, Katsuki, I haven't and I don't want to."

"Are you serious, you're gonna be a hero soon so you have to get back to it!" he groans.

Both the teens failed to acknowledge the audience of their classmates both in the room and in the hallway following Katsuki to their destination. Their eyes sharply clash with each other, creating an intensity in the room neither was aware of.

"Fuck, I don't know if I can keep doing this! My career hasn't even started yet and look at me." Katsuki doesn't expect the anger present in his voice when he responds:

"So, you're done heroing? You're gonna just quit?" as he finishes speaking Killia punches him in the cheek caising the fellow students to get closer in case of further physical conflict. Shoji holds the back of her chair to maintain distance and Sero keeps a hand to Katsuki's shoulders.

Killia didn't want to answer. She's bounced back plenty of times and she tends to view quitting as the worse thing she can do but having to try and failing so many times she had just grown tired of it. She grimaced and holds her lips together tightly.

I'm finally done...