Chapter 13

I stood with my eyes directed down at the floor. I felt taller standing on the platform above the people around me. I glance at Half Ass beside me who was leveled slightly below were I stood. The crowd roared ahead of me which caused slight annoyance in me. My heartbeat felt slow and almost painful. I was thinking of how little I deserved to be standing here higher than both Katsuki and Half and Half when both those victories against them were hoaxes.

Against Half Ass we both were about to give it our all attacking full force. Last minute he doubted myself and didn't use the fire he was about to. I used my whirlwind, an attack where a spin around very quickly and cause more force. I blew him out of the arena and knocked him the fuck out. His shirt was blown to peices and he had tiny scratches across his body. I didn't win cause I was stronger I won cause I got lucky.

What am I if I can't even win correctly. I'm not a valid hero if I damn near break my own brother's skull open just in an attempt to win. I'm not anything if I can't win a battle without help from an enemy.... I am completely worthless as a hero.

I look down again as my eyes watered and I clenched my fists in my pockets. My spikey bangs casts shadows over my eyes. I sniffled and quickly wipe my eyes before looking back up. I'm not worthy of the metal I will soon receive but I'll just stand here and act like a good little girl for the time being. If they ask me to say anything I'll be generic in my word choice. I won't say that I knew I'd win as much as I want to because I wasn't supposed to. Because I don't deserve this.

I try to calm my raging emotions as I start to hear Loud Mouth over the intercom. "And now, the present our metals: #1 hero All Might." My eyes sparkle upon hearing the name before growing a little embarrassed when he lands in front of us.

The number one hero is going to hand me a metal that I don't deserve. I bet he knows and pitties me the moment he saw the fight end. My cheeks grow red for a split second before it dissipates quickly.

I glance at Katsuki in third place. He just so happened to be too sedated to be angry. All Might walked up to him with his metal already ready to be in put on him.

All Might finally got to me and I bowed as he placed the metal around my neck. I looked down at the gold and my chest and frown slightly. "You could act happier about this victory. You did good." I didn't believe him but his hand on my shoulder felt more reassuring to me.

I wanted badly to cry but I just give off my signature smirk to fool him. "You did good work today." He told me before taking his hand off my shoulder and walking away.

No I didn't...

~*~

I lean against my hand and boardly stare at the board in front of me. The whiteboard was blank and I didn't know what to write on it. Before now I never thought about what hero name I would want to have. Now I'm not even sure I deserve one at all...

After a couple seconds of thought I uncapped the dry erase marker in my left hand and write. The marker quickly glads over my board in a slanted format that closely resembled my handwriting. It was slightly different because I wasn't writing with something familiar to me. I sigh satisfied with my choice before looking up at the front of the classroom.

Pinky quickly rushed to the front of the room with her board facing her body. She smiled widely. I look at her with anticipation as did the rest of the class.

"Pro hero: Alien Queen!" This name was promptly rejected by Midnight who thought it was in relation to the movie Alien. I smirk as she sits back down next to me.

"Damn it I really liked that one!" She exclaimed quietly looking over at me.

"Better luck next time, Pinky." I say watching her face light up. I look at her quizzically and stand before heading to the front. I slowly walked up. My board was between my arm and body, both hands sitting in my pockets.

"Explosive Hero: Kil." I say showing everyone. I had the most blank face and I didn't even really realize it. I didn't really give a fuck about this.

"No way." Midnight says soon after I'm done talking which strikes annoyance in me as I look over at her.

"What?" I questioned.

"Kil sounds too violent. Try again." She tells me simply causing more irritation to build up within me.

"That's my damn name!" I was one octave off from yelling. She simply shrugged while shaking her head. I suck my teeth before snatching my board and slowly strutting back to my desk.

I lean on my hand and think while huffing out. "Better luck next time." Pinky said softly.

I roll my eyes at the girl. "Whatever." I say. "I don't have another name so I'm just going with Killia." I say quickly adding the 'lia' to the end of the word.

"What about 'Blasty'." She suggests and I shrug at her.

"I don't know." She gave me puppy eyes as soon as I glance at her. I shrug and quickly erase the board and write the new name.

"That's actually your hand writing?" Pinky asked causing me to look at her with a 'duh' look on my face. "It's pretty."

"Disagree." I say bluntly. She tries to argue me down about my handwriting while others go up. That is until I start making fun of Katsuki about the hero name he wanted at first. I told him a good one off the top of my head that I should've thought up for myself. He shrugged me off and erased the 'king' off his board to write 'lord'. Instead of taking the name for myself like I should've I keep the other name Pinky suggested and save it for him cause he will need it.

The next round was of the original fuck up names. This begins with Pinky who walked up confidently.

"Acid Hero: Pinky." I raise my eyebrow instantly recognizing the name she had confidently announced to the entire class. I could tell there were others who had noticed the familiar word.

"I like it. Make those looks work for you girl." Midnight applauded and I again raise my eyebrows. Pinky widely smiles and comes back to me.

"Do you like the name?" She asked as soon as she came back to her seat.

I smirk before standing up myself leaving my answer completely ambiguous. I could already see her pouting from the front podium. I shrug and smirk a little bit more. "Explosive Hero: 'Blasti'." I spoke as my sly grin disappeared.

"I like it. Very cute." I quickly grow sour at Midnight's words.

'cute'?

"Hell no. Nevermind." I say erasing the board while still standing in front of everyone.

"No take backs." Anger oozed out of me as I look to Midnight. I break the board over my knee shaking with anger. I leave it on the ground and walk back to my desk.