Chapter 17

My eyes shot open and my head wiped up. There was nothing but darkness. I blink and start to clench and stretch out my hands. I didn't know why it was so dark or where I was or what was happening. I couldn't feeling anything. I can't hear anything and I don't know what is going on. I was stuck in a state of complete confusion.

I tried to move but then I realized my body was completely shielding someone else's. Suddenly a pain erupted throughout my entire body. The pain rain through me like blood and didn't stop. I cry out in pain and try to hold the spot. I roughly bite into my lip as I feel something protruding from my side. I was round like a pipe and was where my pain centered. I hold it and whimper softly.

I start to remember what happened prior to me passing out. Did the building fall on top of us? I finally hear the drowned out calls of a woman who was right below me. I swallow the scream that was stuck in my thoat before trying to speak. My throat was dry. At first all that came from my mouth was air.

"Shut up..." I say softly grunting. I squeeze my eyes shut and try not to scream. Tears fell from my eyes and the screaming and crying from the woman stopped.

"Are you hurt?" I asked softly.

"No... I don't think so..." she told me. Even though it was pitch black I nod and clench my fists. My body violently shook but my voice remained calm.

"What's your name?" I asked trying to take my mind off of my pain. The woman took a second to answer but after a few seconds she finally did.

"Rioka Yagami." She told me. I swallow thickly and left out a shaky breath before coming up with an idea. I harshly tapped against what felt like a metal pipe. It was pretty noisy and the vibrations caught me off guard at first.

"Rioka I'm gonna try super hard to get us out of here... I need you to stay calm okay?" I asked as my eyelids grew heavy and my heart body started to intensify.

"Yeah..." she said softly. I nod again.

"If I pass out I need you to keep tapping for me. Don't yell anymore though... I don't want you to waist energy or loose your voice cause you might need it later." I tell her.

"Yeah..." she answers again nervously. I tried to keep talking to her and say awake while tapping on the pipe.

~*~

Edgeshot and the other heroes fought through the debris under his orders to find Killia. He knew she was in there but he didn't know if she was alive. He felt guilty about sending her in there by herself. He had complete confidence in his colleagues abilities to keep the building up long enough for her to get out but that's not how it panned out.

He was keeping a calm and cool head and decided that everyone should look for her. The nomu in this area had already been wiped out and a load of civilians had come talking about a hero who had saved them. Edgeshot had just assumed that it was her so he look in the very general area that a civilian pointed out.

"I hope she's okay... I mean she's just a kid and her career and life haven't even started..." a sidekick rambled on. As he wondered he started to hear something. He stopped and looked around.

Edgeshot hushed the sidekick and they immediately stop talking. Is that tapping? He crouched so he could hear it better before wondering over toward where he thought he heard it coming from. The tapping started getting louder and louder. Edgeshot tells the sidekick to get Death Arms over here before he started digging for Killia himself.