Chapter 27

I ran along side my classmate trying to catch the guy who had Katsuki and Tokoyami. I huffed and tried to think. If he is after me like the nomu was he's likely getting me to their extraction point were there are likely other villains. He isn't fit to fight me so he might just be drawing me there so they can catch me instead. If that's the case then I have to stay on my toes. Even if he's the main target I'm just a secondary they could still capture me.

I tried to keep up but with this guy still on my back I was slowed a lot I was still leading the charge after the villain however. He's starting to leave us behind. I can't let him escape not with Tokoyami and definitely not with Katsuki.

"Hey Uraraka you have to make us float and Asui throw us as far as you can with your tongue." He started giving off orders and so far I wasn't against them. "Shoji hold the rest of us and use your quirk to correct our trajectory through the air."

"We're like human bullets." I look back Deku and the rest. He's in really bad shape. I don't even know if he'll stay concious long enough to get there.

He cut off everyone's concerns by telling us he couldn't feel anything and that he'd be fine. We all stop and Uraraka quickly give first aid to Deku before Tsu wrapped her tongue around me, Todoroki, Shoji and the injured Deku. Uraraka touches each of us giving me a familiar weightless feeling. I was ready and I didn't say a word.

"Alright go ahead Tsu." She said backing away from us. The four of us started to float slightly right before Tsu throws us toward the villain who had already gotten far away.

~*~

I slam Compress's face into the dirt with my foot before looking at the other villains.

"Give them back!" I exclaimed.

"Move Compress." A black haired and purple skinned guy said. Compress pretty much melted beneath us before the other guy sent blue flames our direction. I ducked down to the floor barely dodging the attack and the others barely got out of the way as well.

The villains individual attacked us but I side with Todoroki and try to defend against the two personalities trapped in one. I look over at Compress and the other one. "We're done I got them." Shoji said.

Todoroki and I both looked at each other before we all took off toward the trees to get away. Shit a nomu, there was more than one. We all turn in the same direction but we were stopped by the foggy mist from the U.S.J.

This guy again. The villains one by one sent through the wraps but we looked over to Compress. "They didn't even realize that those are fakes." He took off his mask and opened his mouth to reveal he still had them both.

My eyes widened and I tensed. "He's still got them." We all say in unison. He then snapped his fingers and revealed that the marbles Shoji had only contained Todoroki's ice.

I launched toward him as did the others in a quick attempt to get them back before he could step through the portal. Sudden before either one of the two could get through the portal a laser shot from the bushes. My eyes widened as the marbles fell from his mouth. We all reached for the marbles and since I was slightly behind and Deku had completely fallen we relied on the other two. Shoji got his but right before Todoroki could get a hand on the other marble the leather skinned villain took it from his clutch.

"Well isn't that a pity. Poor little Shoto Todoroki." The villain sneared as Todoroki fell pasted the warp and to the ground.

"Pull the girl through." He said as I continued heading for them. They stood in the portal with their heads peaking out. I can still get him.

I reach out still feet away. Compress snapped his fingers and both Katsuki and Tokoyami were free just like that. The dark haired male held my brother by the back of his neck to taunt me.

"Checkmate."

"No, Katsu!" I reach out trying to get him. Deku caught up beside me.

"Don't come... Kil, Deku..." he muttered before being completely pulled throw. Before the portal closed my hand latched to his shirt and tried to pull him back but then the portal closed almost instantly.

Deku fumbled to the ground and and I collapsed beside him. He let out a painful screech while I just stare at me hand. Three of my finger had made it through the portal. The blood spilled down my wrist as I relished the feeling of his shirt.

I was right there... I was so close...

"Fuuuuck!" My voice suddenly exploded from my throat as I pound the ground. Tears leaked from my eyes and dripped to the dry dirt as I tried to process my failure. My nails dug into the dry soil as I squeezed my eyes shut. The others crowded around us and I stayed on the ground wheezing and crying like a child.

The villains won... they got him.