Chapter 49

For the next days she kept me going at the same speed and didn't make me go to UA. I stayed at the agency with the sidekicks and woke up to train with the hero in the mornings. She made me eat like her and told me heroes have to take care of themselves most outside of the field. Her words make sense. The job of a hero is very physically demanding and despite how much we'd been working and moving I felt emotionally great. My body may have been tired by my mind felt centered and relaxed  By the end of the week I felt improved if nothing else and I was happy for it.

Mirko was slightly frustrating and I think it's because she reminds me of the expectations I put on myself. Hearing what I expected from myself in an outsider point of view sounded almost ridiculous.

Today was supposed to be my last day before I returned to school and I didn't tend to have as hard of a time following Mirko's lead but she still was somehow always ahead of me when dealing with villains. She did however admit that I was doing better than before which is all I could ask for.

I land beside Mirko and she rushed to get her usual lunch. I follow behind her and search around the room. The air is still and it's not as busy as it was before.

We sit and Mirko starts to gobble her sandwich while I search to the window. As I pick mine up I flinch and place it back on the crinkled paper. A second later a group of men burst through the door and I jump to a table.

They held large bags with cash peaking out and sun glasses over their eyes. Stereotypical burglars I suppose. Before the men can adjust to their new environment I dash across the lobby and grab one's arm. I kick his stomach and when he bends to hold it I bust his head to the floor.

The next one shouts and I slap his fist to the side and let him move past me so I can kick the last into the door. I use an explosion to spin me before I can dodge a punch. I grab his arm and twist behind his back before using him as a shield to the flying finger nails head toward me.

He yelps and while his apologizing to his buddy I throw them into each other. I barely dodge the approach of a shark headed man with them. Mirko kicks and bounces between attack 3 of the 5 men taking at least two of them completely out of commission while I get one. Mirko finally kicked toward the shark man with the wimpy body but he turns his head quickly enough that it looks like he'll bite her leg off. I swing my palm forward and send an explosion that discombobulates him and charge for to knock him out. In that time Mirko concusses the last one and piles them.

"Mirko a few burglars got out their restraints near you. They'll probably try to take shelter to hide." one of her sidekicks speaks through their intercom.

Mirko smirks and rolls her eyes. "Yeah Blasti got it."

I roll my eyes again at the forced name but I couldn't help the smile that befalls my lips. This was the first time I not only helped Mirko but entered a combat scenario before she could. Sure she was destracted by her meal but I was hyper aware before they even showed up. This was good progress and I couldn't allow myself to ignore it.