Chapter 40

this chapter to me is kinda a boring read but here anyway.

I click my tongue while attempting to tune my guitar before the show. Today was definitely going to be a whirlwind. As soon as I got this done I had to prepare for the pageant I was forced into. Not gonna lie, I kinda miss the modeling days. My fingers glaze over the strings creating a nice tune.

Perfect.

"Are you ready?" Kyoka asked walking up to me. "Wait where's your shirt?!" She exclaimed noticing I wasn't wearing the band shirt. I gestured to beside me before strumming the strings softly.

She put it over my head suddenly and I sigh pulling it on. I almost forgot Eri will watch the performance today... Deku told me she forgot how to smile... I was just a little concerned about her. I wanna make her smile. I smirk looking at my guitar intensely.

I grow kinda excited I get the shirt on completely before grabbing my guitar. "We're heading on stage come one." Kyoka said and rush out of the room behind her.

~*~

"Killia you're our start." I take a deep breath and the curtains roll open slightly to reveal me. The cheers didn't die down but my voice combined with the microphone could definitely drown them out. I heard a couple of shouts from people who recognized me from the Sports Festival. Multiple people shouted for Momo and I could hear someone out right call me a bitch.

"Hero, too, I am a hero too." My strong voice took over the entire gym as I strum softly. The spotlight pointed at me was hot and I was closing my eyes and looking down to avoid avoid blinding myself. "My heart is set." I held the note. "And I won't back down."

Suddenly Katsuki started the drums and everything lighten up. Katsuki let off an explosion behind us as the curtains opened quickly and then the lights showed everyone on stage. The band started to play and Kyoka took my place in singing.

"Thank for coming!" Kyoka shouted as I switched off and moved somewhere behind her.

"What am I to be? What is my calling? I gave up giving up, I'm ready to go. The futures left unseen, it all depends on me, put all on me to follow my dream~"

"Yeah~" I acted as a background for pretty much the rest of the song. I smile widely at the energy we created. The atmosphere was off the charts amazing.

"Tried all my life, I've tired to find,
Something that makes me hold on and never let go."

"Oooh!"

The effects team suddenly made wind blow past me and toward the audience.

"Hero, too. I am a hero, too
My heart is set
(My heart is set)
And I won't back down
Hero too strength doesn't make a hero
True heroes
(True heroes)
Stand for what they believe"

I echoed behind her up until this point. "So wait and see~" I glance at her smiling widely.

"So wait and see~" Kyoka looked at me with the biggest smiled I'd ever seen her dawn. I kick my foot in excitement.

"What do they think of me?
Who do they think I'll be?
I could not care less, I don't wanna know
Am I doing right?
Am I satisfied?
I wanna live my life like it's meant to be"

"Yeah!"

"Tried all my life, I've tried to find
Something that makes me hold on and never let go."

"Ooooh!"

"Hero, too. I am a hero, too
My heart is set
(My heart is set)
And I won't back down
Hero too strength doesn't make a hero
True heroes
(True heroes)
Stand for what they believe"

"So wait and see."

"People will judge for no reason at all
Yeah they might try
To say your dreams dumb, don't listen
They may look down on me and count me out
I'm going my own way
They may look down on me and count me out
I'm a hero, I've got music."

Kyoka took on a softer tone and the sound of my acoustic became the more noticeable guitar sound to replacate her voice.

"Hero, too. I am a hero, too
My heart is set and I won't back down
Hero too strength doesn't make a hero
True heroes stand for what they believe"

"Here we go!"

I smile and join the final chorus as all the sound joins back together perfectly.

"Hero, too. I am a hero, too
My heart is set and I won't back down
Hero too strength doesn't make a hero
True heroes stand for what they believe"

"I have met so many heroes in my life
Gave me the strength and courage to survive
Gave me the power to smile everyday
Now it's my turn to be the one to make you smile" she says alone. As the song finished off and wrapped my around around the girl and give her a proud look. At first she looked shocked but then she gave me another wide smile.

I look back at the excited Katsuki's face before throwing my clench left hand in the air (kinda clenched).