Sounds like a plan

Ellie's POV.

I take a deep breath, taking it all in. The sun was setting, casting a warm orange glow over the campus, turning the sky a deep shade of red. I'm standing on the campus of Stanford University in Palo Alto, California.

It's my first day here, and I'm both excited and nervous. I'm wearing my new Stanford hoodie, I got it just a few days ago. I look around and I see students walking around, some are laughing, some are talking, some are rushing, and others are just chilling. I take a deep breath, and I feel like I'm finally home.

The last four years have been a roller coaster ride. I went from being the youngest of 12 in Calgary, to the youngest of a thousand at Stanford. It was a huge culture shock for sure, but I was determined to make the most of it. I was so lost in the moment when I bumped into someone.

I started feeling extremely embarrassed. "Nice one Ellie," I thought to myself. I turned around to apologize and I saw a girl around 5'5" with brunette hair, hazel eyes and freckles scattered all over her face. She was wearing a Stanford hoodie too, and she was smiling.

"Hey, sorry about that," I said.

"It's alright," she said, still smiling. "I'm Kelley. Kelley O'Hara. What's your name?"

"Ellie Taylor. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Are you new here?"

"Yeah, it's my first day."

Kelley stares at me for a few moments, like she knows me from somewhere. Then she breaks into a wide grin. "You look like Brian Taylor! Are you related to him?"

My eyes almost pop out of my head. "How do you know him!?"

Kelley laughs. "Uhh, he's in the WWE. You've got other brothers who wrestle too, right?"

I nod, not knowing what to say.

"My dad is a big wrestling fan. I've seen your brothers on the TV a few times. They're great wrestlers!"

I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, they are. I'm proud of them."

Kelley smiled wider. "C'mon, let me show you around. I'm sure you'll love it here! And also, I'm a freshman here too. I'm surprised we didn't run into each other earlier."

I laugh. "Me too. Let's go."

While walking around, the campus is bustling with the sounds of people talking, laughing while they walk. I still couldn't believe that I even got here in the first place, and the weather was so much different than what it was back home in Canada. I looked at Kelley while we were walking and she had toned muscles, showing that she works out a bit just like I do. I wasn't sure if she played any sports or something, but she most likely does. "Hey, do you play any sports or something like that?" I asked, knowing it was a stupid question to ask.

Kelley turned to look at me, a big smile on her face. "Yep! I play soccer." She said excitedly, "I've been playing since I was around 4 years old, and I got a soccer scholarship and wanted to come here since my mom attended Stanford when she was younger. Do you play any sport?"

"Uh, yeah. I play soccer too. I also got a soccer scholarship as well."

"Awesome! That means we'll be playing together here on the Cardinals team. Oh man, I can't wait to start playing now."

I smiled, and felt somewhat at ease that I've already made a friend who happens to be my teammate here. For a moment I studied Kelley's actions while she spoke to me. She seems like someone who is very passionate about soccer and wants to get better. She has a serious but determined look in her eyes, and I can see why she made it here.