Hey! I'm trying

Late 2007.

"This is it, everyone! Everything we accomplished this year has brought us here, and we're going to bring this title home!" Coach Paul said, clapping his hands as we all cheered and started jumping up and down.

We were all in the locker room, getting ready for the NCAA Championship game against UNC. We were the underdogs in this match, but we knew we had the talent and ability to beat them. We just had to work as a team and play like we have all year. While I was putting on my shin guards, Sarah came up with a stupid analogy like always to ease our nerves, "Okay, you guys. We're like a pack of wolves, hunting for our prey. UNC is the poor, unsuspecting rabbit, and we're going to pounce on them and devour them!"

We all laughed and started howling, before I put on my cleats and grabbed my jersey. We all lined up and Paul gave us a final talk, "Okay, this is it. We can do this. Just play like you have all year, and don't let the pressure get to you. We can do this and bring this title back to Stanford. I believe in you, and now it's time to prove it."

We all nodded and started to head out of the locker room, ready to take on UNC.

Not much has really happened over the past few months, except for the fact I had my 19th birthday. Jeff and I have been dating for about 4 months now, and I'm really happy. He got me a beautiful necklace for my birthday, and it's one of my most prized possessions. My dad turned 70 too, and he shows no signs of stopping his work anytime soon. Also, I got called up by both the Canadian and US National Teams for the U-20 World Cup, and I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm really torn between them, and I'm not sure what to do.

Kelley and everyone else on the team, including my friends, are still teasing me over Alex Morgan. Honestly it gets annoying sometimes, and they know when to stop saying things. Just a month ago however, I managed to talk to her one day and another game against UC Berkeley and she seems really nice and friendly, which makes me feel even more drawn to her. Is everyone right about me having a crush on her? Maybe.

But I've put all of that at the back of my mind. She's most definitely straight and even if I did shoot my shot, I wouldn't have a chance at all. Kelley disagrees with me on that point though, since she basically told me one day that if she was straight, and I asked her out, she'd instantly say yes.

Anyway, we all are onto teasing Christen now since she is quite enamoured with UNC's own Tobin Heath. Christen keeps talking about her, watches her games, always goes off to talk to her after a match we'd have against them. She's basically crushing super hard, and some of the girls have decided to play matchmaker, going against Christen's wishes.

I was feeling a little nervous as we stepped out of the locker room and onto the field, but I was ready. I was ready to do whatever it takes to help my team win this game. I saw my mom and dad in the stands with Bruce next to them, the 3 of them clapping. Mom had her big smile on her face while my dad had his straight face on.

He's always had one, no matter what he was feeling, that's the only thing you'd see. Sometimes you'll see the slightest grin on his face, depending on the situation.

We all lined up for the national anthem, and then it was kick off. The game started off pretty slow, with both teams trying to feel each other out. We had some chances, but nothing really came of them. UNC had a few chances too, but our defense was too strong.

Half time came and we were still 0-0, but we all kept our heads up and stayed positive. We knew we could still win this game.

"Okay, it's nil on both sides. I need you guys to push on 'em and create more chances. Come on!" Paul said, clapping his hands.