We come out there to win, and when we win, we win big

After scrapping and rewriting multiple times, here's the next chapter!
*******

Alex's POV

After coming off a win from our send off game, us 23 players who were called up for the World Cup are already on a plane to France. I was sitting next to Tobin in the middle of the plane, sitting on the seat next to the walkway while Tobin is currently asleep in the seat closer to the window. I'm currently scrolling through Instagram, liking some photos from all the people I currently follow. I ended up stopping at a photo Ellie posted roughly around 1-2 hours ago. It was a picture of Ellie and Jenny from around last year, Jenny had Ellie in a headlock and the two were both laughing. The caption she wrote was beautiful and sad at the same time.

I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new. I thought of you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence as I often speak your name.

Below that, all you could see was just countless comments of everyone sending their love and support to Ellie. I double tapped the screen and added my own comment before looking up from my phone down a few rows to where Ellie was sitting next to Alyssa, her head resting back against her seat, with her earbuds in, staring at the roof of the plane.

Before we left for our send off game, Ellie had to go up to Calgary to try and ease the tension in her family. I went with her, and things didn't go so well. Bruce was dead against me being there, and he started spouting some homophobic bullshit and Ellie was ready to throw hands with him. Dave showed up a few minutes after and dropped a massive bombshell. He said that he's filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the WWE and the company who made the shackle that was used the night of Jenny's death. That's when things got even more complicated.

Ellie, Brian, Rick, Ken, Keith, Peter, Georgia and their parents were supportive of it. But Bruce, Alice and Rachel were not happy about it. Since then, the fighting between all of them has escalated to the point that Ellie no longer wants anything to do with Bruce, Alice and Rachel.

I continued scrolling through Instagram until I decided to check Twitter out and see what's new on there. The first thing that came up was a little clip of Al Stevens on one of the local LA news stations that was retweeted by the LA Stingers account.

"What has been the most proud moment for you, or the team, that you've had since becoming the owner of the Stingers way back before the NWSL started?"

Al smiled and replied instantly, "If there's anything we've ever done that I'm particularly proud of, I would have to say that the perpetuation of the greatness of the Stingers, to take a professional women's soccer team and give it a distinct characteristic that's different from all others."

"What made you want to become the owner of the Stingers?"

The same smile spread across Al's face, "I had a dream ever since I was a little guy, that someday I would build the finest organization in professional sports, no matter if it was a men's or a women's team. Once I took over the ownership of the Stingers, I had certain philosophies of my own that had to become part of whatever I was to do. And that was number one, what I call the vertical game. We were going to stretch the field vertically. When we came out of that tunnel, we ain't looking for a corner kick, a free kick, or a throw-in. We wanted to get the ball in the net. We wanted the big play, the quick strike. It's number one to say you want to do that. It's number two to say that you have the players to do it, but it's number three to do it, to do it in the first few minutes of any soccer game for that defense that you're playing against."

"One question I want to ask," The reporter began, "is about your defense. The LA Stingers have one of the most formidable defenses in the league, how have you been able to pull that off?"