I don't blame you. Y'all deserve it.

*******

"In more sports news, the National Women's Soccer League has been recently named in two antitrust lawsuits. One from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, and the other from Oakland Stingers owner, Al Stevens, who also joined in as a partner with the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum's lawsuit. The lawsuits against the league came to fruition after Al Stevens signed a Memorandum of Agreement to move the Stingers from Oakland to Los Angeles, which required a vote by the owners of every team. After the vote, the league refused to approve the move, citing that the league has the right to reject relocation requests. Al tried to proceed with moving the team to Los Angeles but was blocked by an injunction from the league. The lawsuits are claiming that the league's refusal to approve the relocation violates antitrust laws, and the Coliseum is claiming that the league is preventing other teams from coming to the area. For now, the Stingers will remain in Oakland as they get ready to prepare for their 2016 season."

I took my right hand off the steering wheel and turned off the radio before looking at Alex, who was staring out the window, watching the buildings and traffic pass by. I grabbed her hand and held it in my own as I went back to watching the road. "Crazy, ain't it?"

"Hm?" Alex looked at me, confusion on her face.

"The lawsuits. We could be playing in Los Angeles sometime soon. Imagine that, it'd be better than the piece of crap stadium we're at now."

"Yeah, but it's still going to be hard leaving Oakland and the Bay Area."

I nodded and squeezed her hand, "True."

Since our Championship win, Alex and I went away to Hawaii for a small getaway. It was a beautiful time, and we both enjoyed the sun, sand, and surf. We went out to eat, catch a show, and just enjoyed the time away from the hustle and bustle of the regular day-to-day life.

Now, we were back and ready to get back to work, but before we head back to Oakland, I wanted to introduce Alex to my family up here in Calgary. It was a long drive, but I was looking forward to it. I just hope Bruce doesn't be an asshole about it since we haven't spoken since I came out to the family, but I know the rest of my siblings and my parents will definitely be welcoming. After a few more minutes of driving, we arrived at my family's home. I drove up the driveway and parked up next to Brian and Julie's car as Alex squeezed my hand. "Hey," I looked at her and smiled, "Don't worry, they'll love you."

"Oh, I know," Alex smiled back, "I'm just a little nervous."

"It's alright," I said, leaning over and pressing a kiss to her lips, "Let's just take a deep breath and go in."

Alex took a deep breath and we got out of the car, I grabbed Alex's hand as we walked up to the house. "Oh, also," I stopped walking as we got to the steps, "If my dad asks you if he could look at your arm or something along the lines of that, don't do it. If you do, he'll put you in a hold to test your strength. Trust me, I've seen him do it to all of my in-laws."

Alex's eyes widened, "Is that normal?"

I shrugged, "It's my dad."

We laughed and started walking up the steps, and I opened the door to the house and walked in. My family was already in the living room, but there was no sign of Bruce. I shook my head and sighed as I put my bag down on the floor. "Mom, Dad, everyone," I said, trying to get their attention, "I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Alex." Everyone's faces lit up in a smile as they said hi to Alex and welcomed her into the family. Jenny, Alice, Georgia and Rachel jumped up and gave Alex a big hug, followed by Ken, Keith, Peter, Brian and Rick giving her a handshake. Julie smiled at us and I smiled back at her. Dave wasn't here so I assume that he's babysitting Terry. My mom stood up and gave Alex a hug, followed by my dad giving her a big grin and a nod. "It's nice to meet you," he said, his voice gruff.