You wanna swing it? Swing it

trigger warning: abuse

******

Jenny's POV

"I don't know what to do, Brian," I said to him bluntly, "I come back and they put me right back into the whole Blue Bolt crap. Like, why can't I just be a big face or something?" I vented.

"Well, it doesn't help that they're having to job out to various people. Maybe you could pitch an idea to the office to work against Charlotte or any of the other heels." Brian said, and I let out a sigh and sat down on the chair next to the little coffee table in his hotel room. When I was preparing to come back to wrestling over the past few months, I thought they'd have a new gimmick for me, but I was wrong. They decided to keep me in the current one I'm doing, and I'm starting to hate it. "I guess I'll just have to think of something then."

"Or," I looked up at Brian, who had a sly grin, "Me and you can work out an idea together that could give you the push you need." I looked at him for a few moments before I smiled, "You know what? That's not a bad idea." I said, "What do you have in mind? I'm all ears."

"Well," Brian said, "We'll have to come up with something that makes you look like, I don't know, an anti-hero. How about this: Why don't you come through the crowd, and go hit the ring one night, without your mask and your cape, wearing casual clothing and just storm the ring and attack, say, Charlotte or someone like that? You don't need to say a word, just make a statement and then walk out through the crowd. Do that for a week or two and then have Stephanie come out and call you out or something. I'm sure that'd get you over just like that." I thought about it for a moment, and could imagine the whole angle playing out in my head. This was really a good idea and could boost me right into the title picture. "That sounds awesome. I'll bring it up with Vince at the house show tomorrow and see what he says."

"Let's hope he likes it then. Who knows? Maybe you could come up with more stuff and add it on to what I told you." I smiled and stood up and gave Brian a big hug. It's always nice to have someone like a brother to help you out with this sort of stuff. Even though Brian could be an asshole at times, I love him for looking out for me here.

*********

Kayla's POV

"You sure you'll be okay while I'm out? I don't want him showing up when I'm not here."

Mom looked up from her book and gave me a smile, "I'll be okay, Kayla. You better get going otherwise you'll be late." I grabbed my gear bag and swung it over my shoulder, and finished off my cup of coffee. "Alright, love ya mom." I said and walked out the door and headed to my car.

Things with my mom were going good for a while up until just a few days ago when I got a text from an unknown number who I knew was my dad, saying that he's in Oakland and is going to find out where I live. Since then, I've been extremely cautious, I don't want my mom to get hurt anymore at the hands of my dad and I've given my mom a few bottles of pepper spray and things like that. I got in my car, turned the key for the ignition and put my seatbelt on before putting the car into drive and pulling out onto the road, heading towards the stadium for our game against Western New York Flash. The lawsuit against the league went to trial last week and the NWSL is getting smoked from what I've heard but I don't know if it's true or not. If we did move to Los Angeles, the one thing I'd hate the most about it would be the traffic. It's bad up here, but down there, I'd rip my hair out. The drive went by like a blur and I parked up in an empty spot in the car pack and turned my car off, took off my seatbelt, grabbed my bag and got out, locking it as I walked into the shit hole that's called a stadium. I walked into the locker room and everyone was pretty much here already. Ellie had a face mask on and I grinned, holding back a joke. The fact she nearly choked out Hope Solo is pretty cool, but what ain't cool is the fact that Ellie got sent home from that camp and Hope got to stay, which is bullshit to me.