C'mere you little basterd

Jeff's POV.

"About time." I say to myself as the plane lands on the runway here at the Oakland International Airport. I was ready to blow my brains out if I had to sit for many more hours on this plane.

I took this flight back to Oakland instead of the other one that the guys took to L.A. I wanted to surprise Ellie since I haven't seen her for a good month or two. I asked one of her friends I knew for her address so I could surprise her. I stand up and reach above my seat, grabbing my bag and getting off the plane. While walking through the airport, I thought about my time in Europe. It was fun and very crazy, I'm not even sure what the total amount of beers we drank while on the road over there. I'd say it was a lot considering after a show, we'd be getting drunk, and then the next morning, we'd be getting drunk again. Lots of fights happened over there too, especially with our singer/bassist, Tom. We technically made enemies half of the time, but hey, we're young and dumb, having fun.

I grabbed a taxi outside the airport and gave the driver the address to Ellie's place. He nodded and started driving, and I looked out the window, watching the city go by. I haven't been to Oakland in a while, and it feels good being back here.

I got to her place after about 15 minutes, and I paid the driver before getting out. I grabbed my bag, and walked up the flight of stairs to her apartment door. I knocked on the door and waited, "Coming!" I heard her say from the other side, and my heart started racing.

The door opened and there she was, in all her beauty. She had on a black tank top and jeans, and her hair was up in a messy bun. She smiled when she saw me, and before she could say anything, I pulled her close and hugged her tightly, "I missed you so much." She said, her voice muffled by my shoulder.

"Really now?" I laughed as she pulled back, and I pressed my lips onto hers. When we pulled away, she smiled and nodded, "Yeah, really."

I smiled, and we walked into the apartment, and she started showing me around. "How nice." I said, looking around. "You enjoying Oakland so far? You like it, right?"

"Yeah, I do. I like the team and the people, and the city is pretty cool too. It's a bit different from L.A, but I like it. What about you? How was Europe?"

"It was great. We had lots of fun, and we made lots of new enemies too." I joked, and she laughed. We sat down on the couch, and I draped my arm around her, and she leaned into me. We talked for a bit more, and I asked her about the team, how she's fitting in, how she's doing and all that. I'm really proud of her, and I'm glad she's doing well.

"Oh um, I'm going to hang out with Alex and Servando tonight. I could text Alex and ask her if you could come with us, it'll be a double date." She said, and I smiled.

"A double date, huh? Well, I guess I can't say no to that." I said, and she beamed.

We got ready and left the apartment, heading to the bar where Alex and Servando were. We got there, and Alex and Servando were already there, and they smiled when they saw us. This was my first time meeting the pair, and they seem like really nice people. We all talked, and then we ordered some food and drinks. "So, Ellie tells us you're in a band, huh? What's touring like?" Servando asked, and I smiled.

"It's great. We have lots of fun, but it's tiring and you've got interviews and all that. But it's fun. Especially when you get to meet new people, and you get to go to new places. The travelling, not so much, but it's definitely worth it." I said, and Alex smiled, nodding in agreement.

We laughed and talked for a bit more, and I found out that Alex and Servando went to UC Berkeley together, and that's where they met. "How did you and Ellie meet? I don't think I've heard that story yet." Alex asked, and I looked at Ellie, and she smiled.