Yeah, they're all great.

"God, I'm glad I got out of there." I thought to myself as I barrelled out of my physical education class. I had just finished my last class of my first day of classes. I walked back to my dorm room, thinking about how different my life was now that I'm no longer in a familiar home with my siblings and very familiar environment. As I was walking back to my dorm, I noticed a familiar figure walking up the path towards me. It was Kelley, her brunette hair tied up in a ponytail, and her gear bag in hand

"Hey Ellie!" She called out, waving.

I smiled and waved back. "Hey Kel! How was your day?"

"Pretty good! I just got out of my last class too. I'm heading to soccer practice now. You coming?"

"Yeah, I'll come with you. Just let me go grab my bag from my dorm."

Kelley nodded, and we both headed to my dorm room. "Hey, can I ask you something? I mean, if you don't mind it."

I looked up, surprised at her sudden question. "Sure, go ahead."

"Ok, umm, so...it's just that, well, I think you're really cute and I was wondering if you'd like to hang out some time after practice or something? I mean, if you don't have any plans or anything." Kelley said, her cheeks turning pink as she spoke.

I couldn't help but smile and try not to laugh, "A date, huh?" I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

Kelley's cheeks were now a deep shade of red, "Uhh, I mean, y-yes...but only if you want to, I mean, no pressure or anything like that."

I chuckled, "Sorry to burst your bubble, Kel, but I'm straight, well, I think I am. But I'd love to hang out sometime, just as friends."

Kelley smiled, "That's alright, I totally understand." She said as we arrived at my dorm. I quickly ran into my room and grabbed my gear before joining back with Kelley, who was patiently waiting outside.

"Ready?" She asked, and I nodded. We both started walking in the direction of the soccer field, "Hey, um, how you said you were straight? What did you mean about you think you are?"

I sighed, "Well, I'm not sure. I mean.....I don't really want to discuss this right now, I'd rather talk about it somewhere quiet and private, like my room or something."

Kelley nodded in understanding, "Yeah, of course. We can talk about it later, whenever you're ready."

I smiled, glad that I had a friend like Kelley who was willing to listen and understand. My sexuality is something I've kind of struggled with since I was 15, sometimes I'd think being with someone of the same sex would be hot, but then I'd think about the other way around by thinking of getting it on with a hot guy. Honestly, I don't even know what to label myself and I may as well just go with liking both genders at this point. But finding relationships is something that's not important to me right now.

The weather today was scorching hot, luckily I've got sunscreen packed in my gear bag along with my cleats and the other necessary items I need during practice.

"Today could be a good time to go to the beach for a swim or a tan," I say, breaking the silence between us as we walked through campus towards the soccer field.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea." Kelley said, her eyes lighting up. "We should do that sometime soon. I'm always up for a beach day."

I chuckled, already feeling the heat of the sun on my skin. "That sounds like a plan," I said, smiling.

We eventually arrived at the soccer field and saw the rest of the team already warming up. The two of us got ready and joined them, and our Head Coach came out. "Hello everyone! I'm Paul, and I'll be your Head Coach this season. I'm sure some of you already know each other, but for those who don't, let me do a quick round of introductions. I'm sure you'll all get along just fine."

He looks at all of us and then points to one of the girls, "Let's start with you. What's your name and what position do you usually play?"

The girl says, "My name's Christen and I play left wing."

He then points to Kelley, "And you?"

"I'm Kelley, and I'm usually a striker."

Finally, Paul looks at me and I say, "I'm Ellie, and I play defense."

Paul nods and then looks at the girl next to me. "I'm Ali, and I play defense like Ellie."

Paul smiled and everyone else on the team introduced themselves, all of them sharing the same enthusiasm and determination as the rest of us girls here today.

During our drills, Kelley and I became friends with many of our teammates, including Ali and Christen, and I could tell we're all going to have a great season together.

Before I knew it, practice was already over, but I knew we'd have many more practices and games together throughout the year.

"That was so much fun," Kelley said, as we walked off the field together. "I can't wait for our first game."

"Me too," I replied, smiling. "I'm looking forward to it, especially with the girls we've got on our team."

"Yeah, they're all great. I think we're going to have an amazing season together."

I couldn't agree more, and I couldn't wait to see what this season had in store for us."