Now, if you don't mind...

When Kelley and I woke up in the morning, we both remembered last night's events and she looked a bit guilty, but I told her it was okay before we both got up and she gave me a hug, "See you downstairs in a few minutes." She said and I nodded as she walked out of the room. I had a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and got changed into a comfy pair of clothes before making my way down to the dining hall. I saw Alex sitting with Tobin and Christen and I felt the butterflies in my stomach, but I brushed it off and went over to the breakfast buffet and grabbed some food.

I sat down at the table and no one said anything, which was a bit awkward. After a few minutes, I finally spoke up, "So, uh, any hangovers this morning?"

Christen and Tobin both laughed and nodded, while Alex just shook her head, "Nah, I'm good. I don't really drink that much."

Tobin then looked at me, "How about you, Ellie? You were pretty out of it last night. I don't think I've seen you that drunk before."

I blushed, "Yeah, I was a bit. But I'm okay now."

The conversation continued, and eventually Alex and I started talking about the match, and how good it felt to finally win a gold medal, and we both talked about how great the team was. We talked for a while, and I felt the warm fuzzy feeling return to my stomach, and I felt more and more drawn to her than I ever have.

After breakfast, I went back to my room to pack my bags. Tobin eventually came up too and started packing her things as well, and I noticed she was quiet, but I didn't want to bother her. Once all of our stuff was packed, we went back downstairs and loaded up our bags onto the bus that was taking us to the airport. I got on and sat at the back in one of the seats nearest to the window and put on my headphones, and started listening to some music to chill out a bit. Becky sat down next to me and we both smiled at each other before she pulled a book out to read.

The bus ride to the airport felt like it took hours, but in reality, it only took a few minutes. Once we arrived, we all got off the bus, and grabbed our bags. Bruce had sent me a text telling me that he, Rick, Ken and Mom and Dad are already flying back to Calgary, which was to me, pretty quick.

Going through all the security stuff was boring, but it didn't take long. I wasn't heading back to the US with the rest of the team, I wanted to head home to Calgary and since Kayla was taking a separate flight to my destination, I tagged along with her and got a ticket. Kelley, Alex, Tobin, Christen, Becky, Megan, Carli and the rest of the team gave me a big hug and said their goodbyes, minus Hope, and I went to my terminal.

"That Gold medal could be on me right now," Kayla said to me as we boarded our flight, and I chuckled as we went to our seats.

Within minutes of sitting down, I already dosed off and fell into a deep sleep. I can't wait to get home.

**********

"Thank you very much." I said to the taxi driver as I handed him some cash and got out of the taxi, and grabbed my bags from the trunk before walking up the long driveway to my home. I shivered as the cold hit my skin while I made my way up the steps to the porch.

I knocked on the door and opened it, the warmth of the fire hitting me instantly. My sisters came barreling over to me and pulled me into a big hug. "Congrats on the Gold medal, Ellie," Georgia says.

"Yeah, I wish I was there to witness it in person, but watching it on TV was so awesome," Jenny said.

Rachel and Alice also both agreed and they all pulled away from me, "Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to my room to get some sleep." I said, and they all nodded and I made my way up the stairs to my bedroom.

Once I got to my room, I put my bags away and collapsed onto the bed. I was so exhausted from the long trip, but I felt relieved to be home. I knew I had to start thinking about what to do in the future, with my career and my love life. I thought about Jeff and Alex, and I knew I had to make a decision. I took out a piece of paper and a pen and started writing down the pros and cons of each of them. After a while, I eventually finished and sat back and looked at the paper. I still couldn't make up my mind and I sighed, before deciding that I needed more time to think it over. I put the paper away and closed my eyes, and eventually fell asleep.

**********

The next morning I woke up feeling refreshed and went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw my parents and my siblings sitting around the table and I smiled, glad to be home with them. My mom saw me and got up, and hugged me tight, "Welcome back, honey." She said, and I smiled. My dad also got up and hugged me before I sat down at the table and started eating breakfast. My siblings were all talking about how I won the gold medal, and how proud of me they all were. It was nice to be back and have my family around me.

After breakfast, I was going to go back to my room but Dad stopped me, "I want you to come with me today to Calgary. Thought since you got your Gold medal, you could come with me to the shelter and the Children's Hospital and visit the kids."

I smiled and nodded, "That sounds like a good idea. I'd love to."

My dad smiled, and then he and I got ready before we went outside and hooped in one of the many old Cadillac's that were in the back and we drove off towards the city.