Does this feel fake!?

"This call calls for a song!" One of our teammates, Sarah, exclaimed as we all filtered into our locker room after winning our 3rd consecutive season game so far. "Duhn-duhn-duhn-duhn, duhn duhn, duhn-da-duhn!"

We all started laughing after she did that and I sat down at my cubby that was next to Christen's. The sweat was running down my forehead as I grabbed a towel, wiped my forehead, and took a sip of my water, letting out a few breaths.

"Well done girls! That's our 3rd consecutive win so far this season!" Paul told us and we all cheered, before he looked at me with a smile, "Taylor, good defending out there today."

"Thanks Coach." I said with a smile.

It's been an amazing past couple of months here at Stanford. I've made more good friends while enjoying the nice, sunny California weather. Kelley and I are thick as thin now, two extremely best friends. Us two have become good friends with Ali and Christen too, and our whole team is like one big friendship group. Everyone likes each other, and that's a good thing.

"Hey Chris, that party is going down tonight ain't it?" I asked her while I was undoing my laces on my cleats.

She looked up at me while she was taking her socks and shin pads off, "Yeah, it is. Are you coming?"

I nodded as I started pulling my socks down, "Yeah. If that dumbass Barry opens his mouth, then I might punk him out in front of everyone."

Since my family background is something many people may know, one of the football players who happens to be in one of my classes, Barry, constantly makes fun of me over my 'old, fake wrestler' Dad. It pisses me off so much that I want to punch him, but Kelley and Ali always tell me not to, as I'd get in trouble. But since there is a party happening later tonight, I might be able to get my revenge on him.

Speaking of my dad, every Sunday he gets Keith to call me so he and mom can talk to me through his phone. They both miss me so much and hate it that I'm not there for the annual Sunday dinners at home. I miss them too and told them I'd be back up there before they know it.

After changing out of my uniform and into some shorts and a t-shirt, I gathered my things and prepared to leave. "Wait up!" Kelley called out as I was about to go out the door.

She quickly grabbed her bag and we both started walking back to our dorms. "So, uh, what's the plan for tonight?" She asked, "Are we meeting up at your dorm room then heading out?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah. Also I've got some room if you want to stay the night. I'd recommend doing that since, well, you know, your dorm is quite far away."

"Alrighty then!" She happily said as we continued walking.

Later on in the day, I got ready and put on some jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie before slipping on a pair of sneakers and tying my chestnut hair up in a bun. I heard a faint knock at my door and opened it to see Kelley with her bag, "Hey, you ready?" She asked and I nodded, before taking her bag and putting it down next to my bed and closing my door.

"Ali and Christen are meeting us there, right?"

Kelley nodded, "That's what I got told. Don't worry about it, they'll be there." She reassured me, "We'll have a good time, well, I hope we do if Barry doesn't decide to be an asshole."

I chuckled, "If he does, I'll most likely put him in his place."

"And do what? Punch him?"

"Maybe. Or I could just put him in a real simple, but painful submission hold my dad taught me years ago." I said while grinning, and Kelley smiled as we kept walking to the party.