The Autumn Wind

Ellie's POV

Hope is being a bitch to me again, so now I'm thinking of something that'll really piss her off. I was laying on my bed in the room I'm sharing with Emily when I thought about Jenny and her newborn named Terry. She gave birth only just 2 months ago and he's one cute baby. Both Jenny and Dave are apparently here in Vancouver with some of my other family members to watch the final tomorrow. I just hope Bruce isn't there since made some messed up comments when I mentioned to my parents about how us players aren't getting equal pay. Jeff is 100% behind my back when I told him about how some of us are discussing taking action.

Speaking of Jeff, he and I decided it'd be best to be just friends around 2 months ago. We pretty much fell out of love since he's always out touring a lot and when he's not, I'm mainly in a different part of the country with the Stingers for an away game or I'm somewhere else in the world with the national team. There's no hard feelings, and if one of us is having a hard time, we'll just call and have a talk. We still care about each other too, so in a way, it wasn't a messy breakup, it was just a mutual one.

The door opened and in came Emily, closing the door behind her before laying on her bed, phone in hand. While I thought about Jenny, I remembered her telling me about a prank she pulled once while on the road. It basically was her getting someone's keycard from the front desk, sneaking into that person's room, and hiding all of their belongings in the most stupidest and funny spots in the room. Just thinking about it makes me want to pull it on Hope.

I looked over at Emily, who was glued to her phone, "Hey, Em."

"Hm?" She looked up and turned her head towards me.

"Want to help me pull a prank against Hope?" I asked, a grin forming on my face

Emily's eyes widened at the mention of Hope's name and shook her head. I let out a sigh and rubbed my forehead, "Don't worry about her, if she bails me up I won't mention you were in on it. No way I'd throw you under the bus."

She stared at her phone screen for a moment, and started grinning. "Alright. I'm in."

I clapped my hands and stood up, "Cool. First things first, we need a keycard to Hope and Kelley's room. I'm sure Kelley will give us her one."

"You think so?" Emily asked in a cautious tone as we both walked out of our room.

"I'm sure." I reassured her, "Now, where is Kelley?"

"Follow me." Emily said and I followed down to Alex and Heather's room which was just down the hall. I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before Heather answered the door. "Is Kelley here?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Hey Kel, Ellie wants you." Heather said and I heard some movement before Heather retreated back into the room when Kelley walked out.

"What's up?"

"Can we have your keycard?"

"What for?" Kelley asked, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"We want to pull a prank on Hope." I said with a mischievous grin.

Kelley started to chuckle and she took out her keycard from her pocket and handed it to me. "Be careful and don't get caught."

"Don't worry, we won't." I said, nodding.

Emily and I quickly moved to Hope and Kelley's room and used the keycard to open their door. We snuck in, making sure we were quiet, and started our mission to hide Hope's belongings in the most random places. "Right, you hide her phone and I'll hide her shoes." Emily said, her voice barely above a whisper.