Olympic Champions

In the morning, Tobin and I went downstairs for breakfast and sat with Carli, Christie, and Lauren. The rest of the team slowly filtered in one by one, and Tobin couldn't help but tell the others about what I did last night. "Hope ain't going to be happy about that," Carli said to me and I shrugged my shoulders. Kelley was sitting at another table and had a huge grin on her face when she looked at me, and gave me a thumbs up. Then, Hope walked in and I could tell she was staring holes into my head. None of us spoke to her as she got her food and sat down at the free seat at the table I was at.

"How was your sleep?" Carli asked in a calm tone.

"Crap." Hope responded bluntly. "I got sent on a wild goose chase last night because SOMEONE decided to call my room and play a little prank." She said while staring at me.

"It wasn't me, Hope." I said, raising my hands. "Ask Tobin, she knows I was fast asleep as soon as we got back to our room."

Hope glared at Tobin, and she backed me up, "It's true. She crashed instantly."

Rest of breakfast was quiet, and the tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. If Hope ever tries to prank me back, I'll just give her a receipt.

Just as I was heading to my room to get my bag, I ran into Bruce, who was on his way over to mom and dad's room. "Ready for your game today?"

"Mhmm. I'm ready as can be."

Bruce chuckled, "You sure are. As long as you guys act like a unit out there and have no heat with each other, I can see you winning this whole thing."

I looked at him and gave a huge smile, "Thanks Bruce." I said, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Also, there's already heat between the two of us on the team."

"Who?" He asked, curious to know.

"Me and Hope. I'm tempted to put her in a hold just to put her in her place."

Bruce chuckled and nodded, "Well, It's understandable. But I'd recommend you not do that. Just stay the course, and don't let her get to you. You got this. If I were you, I'd do it when the Olympics are over." He said, and I nodded before we said our goodbyes.

I walked back to my room and grabbed my bag, and headed to the bus. I got on, and the bus started to drive away. I looked out the window and watched the city go by, and the people walking around.

I'm ready for this match, and I'm ready to win.

*********

"Okay girls. We've made it this far, and it's one more win away from winning this whole thing and getting the gold. You've all worked hard for this. Now let's go out there, play as a team, and dominate the game, alright?" Pia says, hyping us up for the final match against Japan.

We had won all of our previous games in the group stages and the semi-final stages. Kayla was playing on the Canadian team, and she was a bit upset at being eliminated, but she was cheering us on. Funnily enough, Kayla was annoyed that their team's trainer doesn't do the pads the same way as our trainer, Tom, did back in Oakland.

I had my shin pads in hand as we all were hyped up and ready before walking out to the tunnel. The Japanese players were lined up, and we were all excited and nervous about this match. Everything is on the line here, and plus having a Gold medal at 23 years old would be crazy.

We all went out and I was on the bench for the start. After all of the pre-game festivities, the match was underway.

The Japanese team was playing a possession style game, and it was making it hard for us to create chances since we're playing an attacking game. We were still trying to press, but the Japanese team was just too strong. 25 minutes in, Christie went down and had to be subbed off with an injury.