chapter 25

America stared blankly at the papers on his desk. All the words seemed to dance on the paper making it hard to read. His mind wasn't focusing while thoughts ran through his head rapidly. In words he couldn't understand, they were fast and talked over each other. The only word he understood was "sleep."

So he got up out of anger. He couldn't concentrate on his paperwork and his body was begging him to sleep so he went to sleep. He pushed the loud door open and squinted his eyes at the light. He sighed and closed the door behind him.

"Why are you leaving?" someone asked.

America jumped a bit and turned his head to the voice. Arkansas and Kansas stood by the door of the office. They were playing some board games on the ground.

"I was going to rest, my head is bothering me right now," America replied. Then he looked around and saw everyone else running around by the tables and doing stuff in big groups. "Why are you two over here?" He asked looking back at them.

"They were very loud, made my ears hurt," Kansas said as she moved something on the board. "Though I think they are also planning on some football game? It's like north versus south or something," she explained. America rolled his eyes.

"Why is everything north versus south, they are going to repeat the civil war again no matter who wins," America half joked.

"I wouldn't be surprised, California and Texas were yelling at each other in Spanish a bit ago. I can't understand what they were saying but based on how hard Nevada was laughing it was a good fight. He was even laughing at what California said and he hates them," Arkansas explained.

"Nevada hates California? He is always talking to them, thought they were friends," America asked. "Then again, I don't even know my kids that well," he mumbled.

"Nevada hates them but also has like no friends, so I don't know, the hate could all be an act," Arkansas said.

America nodded and started walking over to where his bedroom was. He watched his kids run and scream messing around. He smiled, he honestly hoped he was a good enough dad, though he knows he isn't perfect.

America flew up onto the balcony and stumbled over to the door. His head was hurting even more, if that was possible, and he just wanted to sleep at this point. He had been sleeping more and more than he usually had but oh well.

He opened it and walked in swiftly closing the door behind him. He looked around the room, it was a mess. What the hell did CSA and Dixie do, watch a movie? There were blankets and food everywhere. Whatever, it wasn't his problem.

He tossed all the stuff to Dixie's side of the room and flopped down on his bed. He kicked his shoes off and laid there for like five minutes but failed to fall asleep. He grumbled and got up to put on some better clothing to sleep in.

He grabbed an orange tank top that said "Hawai'i" as well as a hibiscus, and just some plain black shorts. He changed into the clothing and fully let out his wings and laid down on his bed again.

Again he still struggled to fall asleep, all the voices in his head were talking over each other. It was clear it wasn't English but it was pleading. He decided to pay more attention to the voices to figure out what they were saying. It would pass time anyways.

He laid and listened. For about 20 minutes he could barely get any words but got some. "Sleep" "magic" "help" "overwhelmed" and "sorrow." He didn't get what they meant but he didn't care. All he wanted to do now was sleep.

About 10 minutes later he had fallen asleep.

======

Very short chapter I know, I know. The only thing I needed him to do was fall sleep. Sorry for not posting on the weekend like I had said I would on the update, but I have school off for today because of the super bowl I think? American football that I don't care for. Though most of my classes will be chaos bc of who won, it was the Chiefs. I started this last week so no I didn't put Kansas in here for that.

Guess what I changed the name and the description! Creds to Basil for the name bc I suck at making names for anything. If I didn't all the chapters would have names.

anyways have a good day/night/evening my lil' stars!!!

~quest

(638 Words)