Prologue

I sit on the bench watching the turtle ducks swimming around. I'm 13 right now along with Zuko. Azula is 12. As I spread a few bits of bread in the water. A shadow goes over the water and I look up to see my best friend, Prince Zuko. He sits beside me. His mother disappeared a couple years ago. So I had to make sure he didn't go crazy or anything.

"What's up, Zuko?" I ask. He sighs.

"I have to do an Agni Kai tomorrow. I'm really nervous." Zuko replies. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure you'll do great. You're one of the best fire benders I know." I tell him. He smiles at me.

"You always seem to know what to say, Ivy." Zuko says. I smile at him.

"Well. Spending three hours having a conversation with your Uncle Iroh certainly works wonders." I reply, giggling. Zuko laughs. Azula walks out with Mai and Ty Lee. I'm supposedly her friend so I hang out with her to protect Zuko.

"Your sister is coming. I have to go pretend to like her. Bye. Also make sure to relax and take some deep breaths to clear your mind." I tell Zuko. He nods.

"Thanks. Bye, Ivy." Zuko says. I hurry towards Azula.

"There you are." Azula says.

"Sorry. I was watching the turtle ducks while I waited for you." I tell Azula. She shrugs.

"They are very entertaining to watch." Azula agrees. I'm shocked. She hardly ever agrees with anyone.

"What are we playing today?" Ty Lee asks excitedly.

"Hmm. Well, we have an apple. How about we take turns putting the apple on our heads and knocking it off." I suggest. Ty Lee and Azula grin at the idea. Azula loves shooting fire at people's heads. Mai shrugs.

"Okay. Mai walk up to the tree and put the apple on your head." Azula says to Mai. I hand Mai the apple as she walks towards the tree.

"Ivy, would you like to shoot the apple off her head?" Azula asks.

"I think you should, Azula. I shall shoot Ty Lee's off." I reply. Azula nods.

"Very well." Azula says. She takes aim and shoots a small bit of fire at the apple. It falls off and then Ty Lee does a cartwheel over to the tree and puts the apple on her head. She grins at me. I kick some fire at her and it falls off. A strand of her hair is on fire. I laugh and put the fire out. Ty Lee, Mai, and Azula laugh. I always liked Ty Lee the most out of the three. She always knew I never liked Azula. I know she doesn't either. Neither does Mai. I look over towards Zuko and see him feeding the turtle ducks. I see my mother walk out to the garden.

"Ivy. Come on it's time to go home." Mother says. I nod. I give the three girls a hug each and turn towards Zuko.

"Bye ZuZu!" I call. I'm the only one he allows to use the nickname. But he pretends to cringe and playfully glares at me. Azula smirks. I follow Mother home and eat dinner with her. I go upstairs and get ready for bed. After everything that happened today. I'm exhausted. I lay down and fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and get changed quickly. Zuko's Agni Kai is today! I have to go and cheer him on! Mother walks into my room.

"Why are you in a rush?" Mother asks.

"Zuko's Agni Kai starts in thirty minutes! I have to go and watch!" I exclaim. Mother nods and we hurry to the battle area. We take our seats beside Azula, Uncle Iroh, Mai, and Ty Lee. Zuko stands across from his opponent. I squint my eyes and gasp. It's his own Father.

"No...." I whisper. Azula grins evilly.

"Father won't let him off the hook without a burn!" Azula exclaims excitedly.

"I can't fight you!" Zuko cries to his Father.

"You will fight me!" Ozai roars. He shoots a fireball at Zuko and he falls to the ground, limp.

"Zuko!" I scream. Azula stares at me in shock. I jump out of my seat and try to run to Zuko, but Uncle Iroh stops me.

"He's fine. Let him go." Uncle Iroh says gently. I look at him through my tears.

"Uncle Iroh. You don't understand....." I sob. He sighs and let's me go. I run to Zuko and pull his head onto my lap.

"You girl, will fight me. Or he will die and you'll rot in a cell." Ozai yells.

"Uncle Iroh!" I call. He hurries over to me and takes Zuko to my seat. I stand across from Ozai. I'm not afraid. Azula taught me everything I know. A fire bender shoots a fire ball in the air to signal for the match to start. Mother is panicking. Ozai and I fight back and forth and I manage to knock him to the ground. We both decide that I've won and the match is over.

"Prince Zuko and Lady Ivy are here by banished until they capture the avatar and turn the master of the four elements over to our Fire Lord!" A man exclaims. I bow respectfully and Uncle Iroh follows me as we leave the battle area. Azula chases after us.

"Ivy were you crazy back there!? You should've just let Father kill Zuko and save yourself a punishment." Azula snaps. I glare at her.

"I was always Zuko's friend. More than I was yours." I hiss. Her eyes widen as Uncle Iroh carries Zuko onto a ship and I follow. I put my head in my hands and groan. I will have to explain everything to Zuko when he awakens. Stupid Ozai, stupid Azula, stupid Fire Nation!