Chapter 38

We are heading into the Fire Nation for the invasion. I'm with Sokka and Rin in one of the submarines.

"I have to go to the prison and see if Uncle got out." I tell them.

"Okay. Just be careful." Rin says. I nod.

"Here. I made this so you can carry the baby easily." Sokka says and hands me a backpack sort of thing. He helps me put it on. There's a safety strap thing in the back so it'll keep the baby there. Once we get to land Toph gives me a grin.

"Take care of yourself. And Fire Baby too." Toph says before she and Rin go to join the other Earth Benders. I hurry off into the city and up towards the prison. I spot Uncle running away so I hurry after him.

"Uncle!" I call. He looks at me and stops.

"Ivy? What are you doing here?" Uncle asks.

"Helping with the invasion. But I had to make sure you got out. But I see that you managed." I reply with a grin. Soon a bunch of Fire Nation soldiers surround us.

"Surrender!" One exclaims. Uncle goes to take care of it but I growl when they get too close to my daughter. I raise my hands and Bend the water in their veins. They all start twitching. I lower them onto the ground. Uncle stares at me in shock.

"Let's go!" Uncle exclaims and grabs my hand. We hurry off and stop by the war balloons.

"This is where we must part I'm afraid. Aang will need you while learning Fire Bending." Uncle tells me. I nod.

"I'll see you again someday. Stay safe, Uncle." I say with a smile. He nods before hurrying off. I run off to find Katara. I spot her with her father. She seems to be healing him.

"Katara!" I call. She looks at me as I run towards her.

"Is Iroh okay?" Katara asks. I nod.

"Go help fight. I'll heal him." I tell her. She bites her lip.

"Are you sure you'll manage?" She asks. I nod.

"Yes. Now go before the eclipse comes." I reply. She hurries off and I sit beside Hakoda.

"Why did you say you would heal me instead?" Hakoda asks in pain.

"I picked up a few things at the North Pole during my healing lessons. Although I made up a few things. Katara didn't spend much time in the healing hut." I reply and bend water over the wound on his right side. I freeze it and the ice glows bright blue before melting.

"Better?" I ask. He moves slightly.

"It still hurts pretty bad. But it's better." He replies. I nod and bend some water into the wound and the cuts glow bright blue before I bend the water out.

"That's much better. Thank you, Ivy." Hakoda says gratefully.

"Of course. But I'm not letting you fight. You're still injured. I only sped up the healing process and took most of the pain away." I tell him sternly.

"Alright. Doctor's orders." Hakoda chuckles. I help him stand up and I look at my daughter.

"You're just so cute. Zuko will love you as soon as he sees you." I coo. She just stares at me.

"So. You're married?" Hakoda asks awkwardly.

"Yup. And this is my daughter." I reply. Hakoda nods.

"How old are you?" He asks.

"17." I reply.

"Well you're above marrying age so it's fine I guess. Who's the lucky man?" Hakoda asks as we walk along.

"Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation." I tell him with a big smile. He stares at me in shock.

"Right. Has he seen the baby yet?" Hakoda asks.

"Not yet. I left the palace a while ago to help Aang and the others." I reply.

"Well, thank you." Hakoda says gratefully. I smile and nod.

"Of course. They're my dearest friends. And Aang is my half brother." I tell him.

"Really? Can you bend all four elements?" Hakoda asks curiously.

"Yeah. But I'm the Avatar's Guardian. Not another Avatar." I reply. We soon reach Aang and the others.

"Well? Did you do it?" I ask Aang.

"The first time Ozai wasn't there. So we went to find his secret bunker only to find Azula. She planned everything out and wasted our eclipse time." Aang tells me.

"Then we should retreat. We'll come back to fight another day." Hakoda says. I nod in agreement. We signal everyone else and we begin to fall back. But that's when I see some of Azula's airships. These are hug metal blimps.

"They're going to destroy the subs!" I exclaim.

"The younger ones shall leave on Appa. The adults will stay behind and surrender." Hakoda says. Katara and Sokka hug their dad while I jump up onto Appa using my Air Bending. I place a hand on Aang's shoulder comfortingly.

"Thank you all for being so brave and so strong. I'm going to make it up to you." Aang says to everyone staying behind. All of the kids and teens are put in Appa's saddle.

"Yip yip." Aang says and Appa starts to fly away. I hug the baby closer to my chest.

"Where are we going?" Rin asks.

"Somewhere we'll be safe for a while." Aang replies.

"And where is that exactly?" Toph asks.

"The western air temple." Aang replies. I've never been to an air temple before. I'm sure it'll be amazing.