Chapter 2

We pull into a port to get our ship fixed. Uncle keeps telling Zuko to try some tea while we're here. But of course, being the hot head he is, Zuko told Uncle to shut up. After a while, I get bored listening to them bicker, so I go to check on the crew.

"Lady Ivy." The Captain says and bows slightly.

"I wanted to see how everything was going. The sooner we leave, the sooner Zuko actually smiles at me." I sigh. The crew laughs at that comment.

"I'll leave you to it." I say and go back to Zuko and Uncle. Commander Zhao is here. Great, perfect, amazing, magical.

"Ah. Lady Ivy. How lovely to see you." Zhao says. I bow slightly.

"Commander Zhao. What an honor." I growl. Why the hell does he have to be here!?

"How about we drink some tea while you tell me all about your run in with an Earth Kingdom ship." Zhao says. Oh so that's our cover story. That's so stupid. We could've just said that there was an avalanche while we were checking the south pole area. That's sort of what happened.

"No thanks. We're leaving." Zuko growls.

"Don't mind him. We'd love to have some tea." Uncle says. I nod with a fake smile plastered on my face. We follow Zhao into a tent and someone brings four cups of tea. Uncle and Zhao sit down on one side of the table while Zuko and I sit on the other. I face Uncle while Zuko glares at Zhao. The silence is deafening as I chug my tea down. Zuko is stiff and never sips his tea. I don't think Zhao knows we're dating. Everyone just calls me Lady Ivy sometimes cause I'm close to Zuko and travel everywhere with him.

"Zuko, darling. Drink your tea before it gets cold." I say gently. Zuko takes a sip stiffly.

"So you two are actually together. How....Charming." Zhao says lamely. I stiffen and growl. Uncle nudges me gently under the table to let me know that I need to calm down. I decide to zone out. But it doesn't last long.

"Lady Ivy.......Lady Ivy.....Lady Ivy!" Zhao says.

"Don't bother. She zones out when conversations bore her." Zuko tells him. I zone out again until I hear the sentence I never wanted to hear from Zuko.

"That's it! Agni Kai! This evening at sunset!" Zuko yells at Zhao. I grip Zuko's arm.

"Zuko what's going on?" I whisper. He stands up and pulls me up with him.

"Come on Uncle. We're leaving so I can get ready." Zuko growls. Uncle follows us. We are 5 feet away from the ship but I stop.

"Zuko, please tell me what happened." I plead.

"After he figured out I had the Avatar. He threatened to have you killed right in front of me." Zuko says looking at the ground.

"I'm scared." I say. Wow, I never thought those words would ever come from me.

"You don't have to worry about getting killed Ivy. That's why I scheduled the Agni Kai." Zuko says.

"That's not what I'm scared about Zuko. I'm scared of losing you. If he somehow kills you in that fight, I don't know what I'd do or where I'd go." I say. Uncle is walking towards the ship and Zuko wraps an arm around me.

"I'll be fine. I need you to be there. So I can keep an eye on you. Just in case." Zuko says. I nod. Uncle comes back with Zuko's training pants and a robe. Zuko kisses my cheek and goes to change.

"I know you two never said, 'I love you', yet. But I know he's thinking it. I don't know if you are. I just hope so." Uncle says.

"I am. I'm just waiting for the right time to say it." I say. Uncle smiles at me. Zuko comes back and I smile and blush when I realize he has no shirt on. Zuko smirks.

"Let's go Prince Zuko. Or we'll be late." Uncle says. We follow Uncle to a large area where they'll have the Agni Kai. Zhao is standing at the other end of the area. I look at Zuko.

"Just remember the basics and you'll do fine." I say. Zuko nods and throws his robe to the side. I take his face in my hands.

"Be careful." I say.

"I will." Zuko replies. I release him and he steps forward to get in position. But, I stop him and pull him into a tight hug.

"I love you, ZuZu." I say softly. His arms tighten around me.

"I love you too, Ivy." Zuko says. I pull back and kiss his cheek quickly. Zuko starts towards his position and Zhao goes to his. That's when the Agni Kai starts.

"You can do it Zuko! You can easily beat his old ass!" I exclaim. Uncle laughs.

"Basics Zuko! Remember your basics! Shatter his routine!" Uncle exclaims. Zuko manages to get Zhao on the ground and freezes.

"Do it." Zhao hisses. Zuko roars and shoots the ground next to Zhao's head.

"Your Father raised a coward. No wonder he banished you. He wouldn't want a failure to rule the nation." Zhao growls. Zuko glares at him and starts to walk towards Uncle and I. Zhao stands up and nod goes to kill Zuko. I jump forward and put my foot on his chest.

"You just lost your honor and dignity." I spit at Zhao. I push Zhao away from us. Zuko wraps his arms around me and his lips crash into mine. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"The ship is repaired. We should leave." Uncle says. I pull back and nod. Zuko takes my hand and we follow Uncle to the ship.

"Go get some rest. You need it." Zuko says. I nod and kiss his cheek.

"Goodnight, Zuko." I say softly.

"Goodnight, Ivy." Zuko replies. I smile and go to my room. I plop down on my bed and immediately fall asleep.