Chapter 14

I work on the water whip as Master Pakku drinks some tea. It's been two days so far. I've learned the basics of Waterbending. Now I'm learning more advanced forms, such as the water whip. I let out a breath and do the form for the twenty-fifth time today. And I finally get it right.

"Well done! You are advancing faster than Katara and Aang. Although, you are behind on your training. So I will have you training twice as much after normal class hours, I will personally train you." Master Pakku tells me. I grin and bow to him.

"Thank you, Master Pakku!" I exclaim. He chuckles.

"Alright. Now we're going to work on the octopus. It's pretty advanced for you. But if you can achieve that, you'll do fine with anything else." Master Pakku tells me before teaching me the form. Katara, Aang, and the rest of the class return from having lunch. I finally manage to get the octopus and Katara gawks at me.

"How did you catch up so fast!?" Katara exclaims. I grin.

"Master Pakku is a really amazing teacher." I reply. Master Pakku shrugs.

"What can I say? I'm old and know things." Master Pakku says. I laugh.

"Now let's test all of your progress. Katara I want you to fight Hakone." Master Pakku says. Katara nods and gets into a fighting stance with one of our classmates, Hakone. After about four minutes, Katara wins.

"Very good! Now Katara against Niko." Master Pakku says.

*All Classmates Other Than Aang And Ivy Later*

All of our classmates lay on the stairs groaning in exhaustion.

"Katara, now you must fight Ivy." Master Pakku tells my Water Tribe friend. She nods and we get into fighting stances. Master Pakku signals us to start and I take the first shot. I launch a large ball of water at Katara and she shoots it back at me. We continue to send it back and forth until she turns it into ice shards. My eyes widen and I sink myself into the icy ground. I "swim" under the ice and pop up behind Katara and send a blast of water at her, freezing her to the ground.

"Well done, Ivy! Aang, time to fight Ivy." Master Pakku says. I look around and see Aang rolling in a circle in the snow. I face palm. Black snow starts to fall and my stomach churns.

"Zhao." I gasp and look in the direction of the ocean. Katara, after getting herself out of the ice, runs to my side.

"What is it?" Katara asks.

"Zhao's here." I tell her. Her eyes widen. Soon enough, Aang is by our sides.

"Come with me." Master Pakku says before hurrying off. We run after him and end up at some sort of giant dining area. I guess this is where announcements are made and such. I sit at the side with Katara, Aang, and Sokka, whom finally joins us.

"The Fire Nation has come to our doorstep. We have to be ready. We need volunteers to fight. Just know that there's no turning back after you've chosen to fight. And some of you might not return." The Chief says. I bite my lip. Should I? That's when Sokka stands up along with a bunch of other guys. No women stand. That's probably because they don't know how to fight. Katara told me about their traditions here. I sigh and stand up. Aang gasps and grabs my hand.

"What're you doing?" Aang asks worriedly. I look down at him.

"Aang, I have to do this. My Nation is attacking a peaceful, kind, respectful Tribe. I will not stand by and watch." I tell him before following Sokka. I hear gasps and people muttering. After Sokka gets enlisted, I step up. The Chief stares at me in shock. I close my eyes and bow to him.

"I know you must be confused about a girl signing up to fight against her own Nation. But this isn't about where you come from. It's about doing what's right." I say to the Chief.

"Who are you engaged to, Young One?" The Chief asks. I open my eyes and look up at him.

"I actually got married a week ago. But my uncle-in-law sent me here to master Waterbending. I....I'm married to Prince Zuko." I tell the Chief. His eyes widen.

"You...You're Lady Ivy? The girl who was banished with the Prince of the Fire Nation?" The Chief asks. I nod.

"Princess now actually." I correct.

"How do we know you're not a spy?" The Chief asks.

"Because she's my sister." Aang speaks up. Everyone gasp in shock.

"You let her marry Prince Zuko!?" The Chief exclaims. Aang shakes his head.

"It wasn't my place to say anything. And I wasn't there when they got married. She's actually my half-sister. She grew up in the Fire Nation. She grew up as Prince Zuko's friend." Aang replies. The Chief looks at me.

"I would be honored if you'd be on a special mission for us." The Chief says to me. I smile.

"I'd be honored to help you in any way I can." I say.

"I want you to guard your brother." The Chief says. I deadpan.

"I do that on a monthly basis." I point out. The Chief smiles.

"Then it shouldn't be hard for you considering you are a very skilled Waterbender." Master Pakku says to me from his seat behind the Chief. I smile at him.

"I'm mastered at Firebending. But seeing as this place is so beautiful and I don't want to ruin it, I'll just use my Waterbending." I say. The Chief looks shocked.

"I'm the Avatar's sister, what'd you expect?" I giggle. The Chief let's out a chuckle before placing a crescent moon shaped paint marking on my forehead. I walk away and out to where Sokka went. I guess I'll see Zuko soon.