Chapter 53

I walk beside Rin as we head towards the crowning ceremony for Zuko. Rin is holding Masumi.

"I can't believe you and Zuko took Azula down like that." Rin says in awe. I shrug.

"I only did what I did to protect Zu..." I begin. But I stop when I see Zuko struggling to put his Fire Lord robe on. I sigh and wave at Rin before walking over to my husband.

"Need some help?" I ask in a soft voice. He looks at me and gives me a smile.

"Yeah." He replies. I help him put on the robe before kissing his cheek. He stares ahead, worry and fear on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask. He looks at me.

"What if I'm a bad Fire Lord? What if I end up just like my father?" Zuko asks. I shake my head.

"Zuko. You're nothing like your father, in every wonderful way possible. You care about the well-being of others. Your father cared about power. You're an amazing father and husband, Zuko. Masumi and I love you more than anything." I say softly. He pulls me into a hug.

"And I love you both very much." Zuko mumbles into my hair. I hug him tightly and bury my face in his chest.

"I'll see you out there. I have to be in position before you and Aang come out." I tell Zuko. He nods and kisses the top of my head before releasing me. I smile at him before going out to where the ceremony is being held. I sit on a royal cushion as I'm supposed to. Katara smiles and waves at me. I giggle and wave back. Zuko walks out and everyone cheer for him. I smile up at him from my seat to his right. He smiles back at me.

"Please! The real person you should thank is the Avatar." Zuko says. Aang walks out and stands beside Zuko. I tune out the speech they prepared, considering I'd already heard it. I helped write it for god sake. A woman catches my eye as I search the crowd for people I know. She smiles at me and my eyes light up. It's my mother! I look over at Zuko and see him kneeling down.

"I give you, Fire Lord Zuko!" The man behind Zuko exclaims as he crowns Zuko.

"I will do the best I can for my Nation. And every decision will not just be made by me. But by my wife as well." Zuko says, holding a hand out to me. I stand up and walk over to him, placing my hand in his in the process. I look out at the crowd, smiling at the four separate rows for the four nations.

"My heart goes out to families who are struggling to get by. Zuko and I struggled when I was pregnant with our daughter, Masumi. I know what it's like, worrying about providing for your family. And I will do everything I can for those without everyday necessities. I respect the citizens of my...our Nation. And my hope is for you all to view me as a friend, a mother, and a sister. Because I will do anything to make life better for you all." I say. Zuko gives me a proud smile as everyone cheer. Zuko and I bow before entering the palace.

"Zuko. I saw my mother." I tell my husband. He looks at me.

"Well let's get Masumi and go see her." Zuko says. I smile.

"Okay Rin has her. Go ahead and find her. I need to do something really quick." I say. Zuko kisses my cheek before going off to find Rin. I walk out to the back garden and over a bridge. I enter the mental institution and into Azula's cell. I place a hand over my stomach feeling the pain I ignored all day.

"Hello Ivy." Azula greets me in a bored tone. I get down on my knees and sit back on my heels.

"Azula. I need your help." I say in a weak voice. She stares down at me.

"Go on..."

Well! There's the end of the TV series! I'm going to miss it so much. But there's a lot to look forward to! So the votes are done for the new book I'm going to write! And the winner is.......

SETH CLEARWATER!!!!!

Woooooohooooo!!! Thank you all so much for participating! And I'm so happy that I have so many people supporting this book and me in general, you all made things so much easier for me when I struggled with my home life. I hope you all enjoy the new book I'm going to write and I'll see you back here on September 2nd for the comics!

Lots of love,

- Day