Chapter 3

I sit with Uncle at the table on the deck. We sip our hot cups of Jasmine Tea.

"I've noticed a large change in Prince Zuko's attitude since you've been back." Uncle says. I smile.

"I missed him too." I reply. Uncle smiles.

"Speaking of Zuko. Where is that hot headed nephew of mine?" Uncle asks. I laugh.

"I can go look for him if you want, Uncle." I say. He smiles.

"That sounds like a good idea Ivy." Uncle says. I stand up and walk towards Zuko's bedroom.

"ZuZu." I say knocking on his door softly. No answer. I open the door and see he's not there. Huh. Now where could he be? I turn on my heel and start towards the meeting room. I knock on the door.

"Come in." Zuko says. I open the door and Zuko looks up at me.

"Ivy. We know where the Avatar is." Zuko says. I clutch my tea.

"Where?" I ask.

"Kyoshi Island." Zuko replies. A crew member looks at Zuko.

"Sir. We'd have to turn the whole ship around." The crew member says. Smoke shoots out of Zuko's ears.

"Then turn the boat around!" Zuko yells. I sigh and put a hand on Zuko's shoulder.

"Uncle wants you to come eat dinner with us. And drink a nice calming cup of Jasmine Tea." I say gently.

"I don't want dinner! AND I DON'T WANT TEA!" Zuko yells as he stomps out of the room. Fire shoots out of my hands, burning my tea.

"PRINCE ZUKO! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" I yell after him. I stomp after him. I go to his room and see him meditating.

"What the hell, Zuko!" I exclaim. The flames rise up from the candles in front of him.

"Ivy. Go eat dinner. I need to meditate and clear my head. I don't want to go off on you like that again." Zuko growls.

"I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you." I tell him gently before leaving. Uncle is still sitting at the table.

"Well?" Uncle asks. I plop down on my chair.

"I don't want to talk about it." I groan. Uncle smiles at me.

"That bad huh? Maybe you should bring him a cup of tea." Uncle says. I give him a look that says, "even tea couldn't calm him down right now".

"Oh. I see." Uncle sighs. The boat shifts and Uncle and I fall off our chairs.

"What the fudge was that!?" I exclaim. Zuko comes stomping out.

"What are you doing!?" Zuko shouts at the Captain.

"Going to Kyoshi Island, Sir." The Captain replies. I stand up and dust my dress off.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight Uncle." I say.

"Goodnight Ivy, sleep well." Uncle says. I smile and nod. I walk towards Zuko.

"Goodnight ZuZu." I say. He nods at me. I growl and turn on my heel. I hurry to my room and plop down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Zuko's been acting like a jerk all day! Maybe tomorrow he'll be better. But, I can't fall asleep. I look at the clock, 10:30. Everyone but Zuko is asleep right now. I stand up and go to Zuko's room. I knock on his door softly.

"ZuZu?" I ask. The door opens and Zuko looks down at me.

"Is everything alright, Ivy?" Zuko asks. I look up at him.

"I can't sleep." I reply. He puts an arm around me and guides me into his room. We sit by his meditating spot. He holds me and runs his warm hands through my hair.

"Are you really mad at me?" I ask.

"No. I haven't meditated in a while so I was easily aggravated today. I didn't mean to go off on you like that, Ivy." Zuko says. I nod.

"I know, Zuko. I know." I say. I fall asleep and he mutters something else, but I don't know what it is.