Chapter 12

Zuko pulls me closer to him as we sit on our bed.

"I still don't get why you don't want to play the tsungi horn. It's not that bad." I laugh. Zuko rolls his eyes.

"I don't see you jumping up and down, excited to play the tsungi horn." Zuko points out.

"Hey, it's not that I wouldn't like to play it. It's more of the fact that I don't know how to play it." I retort. Zuko smiles and shakes his head at me. Our bedroom door opens and Uncle walks in. Zuko glares at his lap.

"For the last time Uncle, I'm not playing the tsungi horn." Zuko says. I roll my eyes at him.

"It's not that. It's to do with our plans." Uncle replies. Zhao walks in.

"I'm taking your crew for a little expedition." Zhao tells Zuko. My husband jumps up with anger stretched over his features.

"Uncle is that true?" Zuko growls. I stand up and place my hands on his shoulders.

"I'm afraid so. He's even taking the cook." Uncle whines.

"I'm sorry you won't be there when I capture the Avatar." Zhao snickers. I glare at him. He turns and stares at my duel swords that Zuko helped me mount on the wall. Uh oh.

"I didn't know you were skilled with duel swords, Lady Ivy." Zhao says as he picks one up.

"She's Princess now actually." Zuko growls at Zhao. I move closer to Zuko, nervous about if Zhao will figure out that the Red Spirit is me.

"Really? Well, Princess Ivy, you must be very skilled with these." Zhao taunts.

"She's not, they're antiques. Just decorative." Zuko replies, crossing his arms in irritation.

"Have you ever heard of the Red Spirit Iroh?" Zhao asks.

"I've only heard of it. But I don't believe it is real." Uncle replies.

"She is. And she's an enemy of the Fire Nation. But I think her fate will catch up with her soon enough. My offer still stands Iroh." Zhao says, putting the sword back before leaving. Zuko pulls me closer.

"He knows." I whisper. Zuko nods.

"I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." Zuko reassures me. Uncle stares at me wide eyed.

"You're the Red Spirit?" Uncle asks in shock.

"Yes. Only once though. It was to free Aang when Zhao captured him a while ago." I reply. Uncle sighs before leaving my room. Zuko looks really angry, so I guide him to our bed and lay down with him. We just lay there for a while. Zuko runs his hands through my hair absent-mindedly. It calms us both. The door opens again and Uncle pops in.

"The crew wanted me to wish you both safe travels." Uncle tells Zuko and I. Zuko glares at the ceiling.

"Good riddance to those traitors." Zuko snaps.

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Would either of you care to join me?" Uncle asks. I bite my lip.

"I'll go. I need to clear my head. Are you coming, Zuko?" I ask. He ignores me. I sigh.

"Just stay here and relax. I'll be back with Uncle soon. I love you." I say and kiss his forehead. I walk towards my door and look at Zuko. He's still glaring at the ceiling. I sigh and close the door behind Uncle and I. I follow Uncle off the ship and along a pathway towards a little town. Uncle looks at me.

"Is everything alright, Ivy?" Uncle asks.

"Just a little stressed. But I'll be fine." I reply. A loud explosion occurs behind us and we turn around. I spot a large fire over the hill.

"Zuko!" I cry and take off running back towards the ship.

"Ivy, wait!" Uncle exclaims as he runs after me. We get to the port and stand before the ship, which is now completely on fire. Tears fill my eyes.

"Zuko!" I scream. I look around in the water.

"Zuko!" I plead and begin to cry. I spot him further out in the water. I dive in and swim towards him. I wrap my arms around his torso and pull him back to land. I start to give him CPR, hoping I'll get him to come back.

"Come on, Zuko. Come back. I need you." I sob as I try to get him to start breathing again. I press his chest again and he coughs. I sigh in relief and pull him into a tight hug.

"Ivy..." Zuko mumbles. I pull back and take his face in my hands gently, avoiding the cuts and bruises.

"I'm right here. You'll be okay." I say softly.

"I have an idea." Uncle says. I nod at him.

"You and I will accept Zhao's proposition. We'll tell him Zuko is dead and have him disguise as a soldier. It'll keep Zuko safe and it'll get us to the North Pole." Uncle tells us.

"That's actually not a bad idea." I say. Zuko nods.

"We'll do it. I'll get the uniform. You two deal with Zhao." Zuko tells us. We nod. Uncle grabs my wrist and drags me to Zhao's tent. The soldier guarding the entrance let's us in. Zhao looks at us and frowns slightly.

"Tea." Zhao orders one of the soldiers. The soldier bows and leaves to get some tea.

"You must have bad news by the looks of both of you." Zhao says. Uncle nods and I make myself have tears in my eyes.

"Zuko's dead." I lie. Zhao's eyes widen.

"I am very sorry for your loss. It must be hard losing the one you love." Zhao says to me. I let a tear slide down my cheek and I touch the pendant on my engagement necklace, even though we're already married I still like wearing it so everyone knows I'm Zuko's. Zhao gestures to the spot across from him. Uncle and I sit at the table. Zhao gives us both a cup of tea.

"Have you thought about my offer?" Zhao asks Uncle. Iroh nods.

"I accept. Ivy will be coming with us. She is like a daughter to me and I refuse to leave her here by herself." Uncle tells Zhao. The old Admiral sighs and nods.

"Very well. To victory!" Zhao exclaims holding his cup up. Uncle then holds his up.

"To the Fire Nation." Uncle adds. I weakly hold mine up.

"To good health." I say shakily. We each take a sip of our tea. Soon enough we get on Zhao's ship and Uncle and I sneak off to a quiet hallway. A soldier walks towards us.

"How are you doing?" I ask softly, knowing exactly who it is. Zuko takes the face guard off.

"You two didn't have to do this." Zuko says with a frown.

"No nephew of mine is going to stow away on a ship without some back up." Uncle replies. I smile lovingly at Zuko.

"And I wasn't going to let you do this alone. I married you because I wanted to be there for you no matter what." I remind Zuko.

"Thank you Uncle. And thank you Ivy." Zuko says gratefully and kisses my forehead.

"We'll be heading to the North Pole soon. Once we arrive, you and Ivy will take a kayak to shore. You'll get the Avatar before Zhao." Uncle tells Zuko. Zuko nods. I here a door open and Zuko puts his face guard back on.

"Good luck, Love. And stay hidden." I whisper to him before following Uncle to the hallway with our rooms. We wanted our rooms across from one another's incase of an emergency.

"Goodnight, Uncle." I yawn.

"Goodnight, Ivy." Uncle replies. We enter our rooms. I change into my night clothes and climb into bed, letting sleep take over me as I worry about Zuko.