Chapter 13

I follow Uncle to the same hallway we met Zuko in on our first day aboard the ship. Uncle and I decided that I should use my glider to get to the North Pole. And during the time with Aang, Sokka, and Katara, I should learn Waterbending. As soon as Zuko shows up, I pull him into a tight hug.

"Ivy is taking her glider to the North Pole. It'll give her time to learn Waterbending." Uncle tells my husband. Zuko frowns.

"I know you need to learn to Waterbend. Just please be careful." Zuko says. I smile lightly at him.

"Of course. And you better be careful too. Stay hidden and do whatever Uncle tells you to." I tell Zuko. He nods and kisses my cheek.

"I'll see you both soon." I tell them before hurrying to my room and grabbing my glider. Or, well, what used to be Uncle's glider. I jump out my window and start towards the Northern Water Tribe. I keep flying and flying until I spot an icy wall with the Water Tribe symbol on it. I grin and fly over the wall. I look around and spot Aang and Katara. Aang seems to notice me as I glide towards them.

"Katara! It's Ivy!" Aang exclaims with a big smile. Katara looks at me and smiles. I land in front of them and Aang hugs me tightly, which I immediately hug him back.

"What are you doing here?" Katara asks.

"Zhao is coming. He blew up Zuko's and my ship. Which nearly killed Zuko. So Uncle Iroh and I joined Zhao just to get to the North Pole. Zuko is disguised as a soldier. Uncle sent me here with my glider. He wants me to learn Waterbending." I explain with one breath. I start trying to even my breaths out.

"Well, you can take lessons with me and Aang. We're learning from Master Pakku." Katara tells me. I smile.

"That'd be great! Thanks!" I exclaim. Katara seems to remember something.

"Wait, Ivy, can you heal at all with your Waterbending?" Katara asks. I think back to when I healed Zuko's mouth after he burned it by drinking hot tea.

"Well, a little. I only used it once when Zuko drank overly hot tea and burned his mouth." I reply. She grins.

"There's a woman called, Yagoda. I'll take you to her. She can teach you how to use your healing abilities." Katara tells me. I grin back at her.

"Okay! Oh! There's something I have to tell you! Where's Sokka? I want him to know too." I say.

"He's back where we've been staying since we've gotten here." Katara replies. Aang grabs my wrists and drags me along. Katara follows us laughing. When we arrive, Sokka stares at me in confusion.

"What's Ivy doing here?" Sokka asks. I roll my eyes.

"Uncle Iroh sent me here to learn Waterbending." I reply. Sokka shrugs.

"But I have to tell you three something...exciting for me but I don't know how you'll take this." I tell them. They exchange nervous looks.

"What is it?" Aang asks. I bite my lip.

"I'm married." I blurt out. Aang faints, Katara's jaw drops, and Sokka makes horrifyingly high pitched sounds. After a couple minutes, Aang springs to life.

"To who!?" Aang exclaims.

"Zuko." I reply. This time it's Sokka who faints. Aang looks happy yet upset at the same time. And Katara looks like she wants to kill something.

"YOU'RE MARRIED TO WHO!?" Katara yells. I flinch.

"Please understand Katara. We've been best friends since we were 6. We always understood each other and he's never hurt me." I tell Katara, lying a bit a
at the end. Okay he has hurt me but it was a total accident. Katara sighs.

"Well...I guess. But does he make you happy?" Katara asks.

"Of course. If he didn't make me happy, I wouldn't have married him." I reply. Aang walks over to me and gives me a hug.

"So are you a Princess now?" Aang asks.

"Yup. Princess Ivy of the Fire Nation." I reply. Aang releases me and grins.

"So how long have you been married?" Aang asks.

"Um. Not that long. Maybe five or six days." I reply. Katara looks shocked.

"Why did you leave him then? Isn't it a think for newly married couples to want to spend all day with each other?" Katara asks. I sigh.

"We didn't get the luxury of being together for very long. About a day or two after we got married, Zhao showed up and took our crew for his mission here. Zuko was furious. My duel swords were on a wall in our room and Zhao recognized them from the time I rescued Aang from Zhao's fortress. And he knew it was me. Uncle and I went on a walk while Zuko stayed on the ship. But little did I know that the pirates that we dealt with when we went over a waterfall were going to blow up Zuko's and my ship. Zhao wanted to kill me. And hoped he'd kill Zuko too so he'd be able to just capture Aang himself without distractions. But luckily Zuko used his Firebending to protect himself from the explosion. Uncle sent me here early so I could learn Waterbending." I explain to Katara and Aang. Sokka is still out cold.

"That's horrible!" Katara exclaims. I sigh and nod.

"Why don't you get some sleep. You had a long trip here. We'll take you to Master Pakku tomorrow morning. Then Yagoda tomorrow evening." Aang tells me. I nod.

"Thanks." I say gratefully. He smiles and nods. I lay down beside the passed out Sokka and slowly fall asleep.