Chapter 45

I sigh as Aang helps me make lunch. Katara and Zuko took Appa in the middle of the night, that was about a day ago. He keeps leaving on adventures without me. But I know he and Katara need to take this trip together. Sokka told me that Zuko knows where the man who killed their mother is. Aang then had told me that Katara was searching for revenge. But I agree that she needs to start with forgiveness.

"Aang, do you think I'm too weak to go on adventures?" I ask. He looks at me in shock.

"No! Of course not!" Aang exclaims.

"Them why do I never get to go with Zuko when he goes on trips?" I ask as I finish with putting fruit into bowls for everyone. I then start making some tea.

"He just wants you to be safe, Ivy. And besides, one of you has to be with Masumi. Don't forget, you're pregnant again. So he is most likely trying to be extra careful with you." Aang replies honestly. I nod.

"I guess you're right. Thanks Aang." I say gratefully. My brother nods with a smile. He goes to get everyone while I pour the tea into the cups. Once the others arrive, I give everyone a bowl of fruit and a cup of tea.

"When do you think Hothead is getting back?" Rin asks me. I shrug.

"I don't know. Soon hopefully." I reply. And just as I say that, I hear our favorite flying bison let out a grumbling sound. I look up to see Zuko flying down to us. I jump up happily and quickly stuff my fruit in my mouth, chew it, swallow it, then I chug down my tea. Zuko hops down from Appa. I run to him and hug him tightly.

"You didn't leave me a note. I was upset that I had to find out from Aang and Sokka." I mumble.

"I'm sorry. I was just in a hurry. Katara needed this trip." Zuko says. I nod and pull out of the hug. I look up at Appa's saddle for Katara, but she isn't there.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She's waiting at Ember Island. I figured we could stay at my old house there. No one would think to look there." Zuko replies. I smile.

"Good thinking Zuzu. Could you help me get our stuff in the saddle?" I ask.

"Stay here." Zuko tells me. I raise an eyebrow but nod anyway. He goes to our tent and then comes back with Masumi. Zuko nods at Rin, whom smiles and Earth bends me onto Appa's saddle.

"Oh come on!" I whine as I sit down. Aang laughs at me as he Air bends his stuff onto the saddle. Sokka and Suki put their's and Katara's things in the saddle with the help of Toph. And Toph of course puts her own things on the saddle. Zuko gets our stuff onto the saddle with the help of Rin, whom put her stuff with ours to make it quicker. I rock Masumi gently as Zuko takes reins. This is kind of odd that Zuko is flying Appa instead of Aang. But my brother doesn't know where Ember Island is. It's noon right now. But I don't know where we are.

"Zuzu how long will it take to get there?" I ask.

"About an hour." He replies. "Yip-Yip."

Appa takes off with a groan. Momo lands on my shoulder and licks my cheek. I smile and pet him gently.

*three hours later*

"Zuko, you're lost aren't you?" I sigh.

"No! I'm not lost! I just...can't remember which way to go." Zuko reply. I throw my head back and groan.

"Get back here and let me steer Appa the right way." I say. Zuko goes to object but then shuts his mouth as he remembers that he doesn't know where he's going. I somewhat know since we passed it...twice. Zuko climbs back onto the saddle and takes Masumi from me. I climb off the saddle and onto Appa's neck. I take the reins and completely turn Appa around.

"It'll take about two hours to get there." I tell everyone. They groan.

*One hour later*

I spot a market up ahead and realize that if I jump off now, buy some food, and Air bend up with Aang's glider, I could make it.

"Aang keep heading this way." I tell my brother before reaching back, grabbing his glider, and diving off of Appa.

"Ivy!" Zuko cries. I grin and open the glider, making my way quickly to the market. I stop at a vegetable and fruit stand and buy as much as I can with the ten gold pieces I have. That's not all of the money we have but it's just what I keep with me out of Zuko's bag. Hey, we're married. We share everything. I tie the bags of food to my waist before running into an alley and Air bending up towards Appa. I open the glider and boost myself towards the bison. Once I'm slightly ahead of Appa, I close the glider and land in the saddle with a thud.

"Are you crazy!? Suki exclaims. I grin.

"Yup. And I got us food." I say and untie the bags from my waist.

"She's not crazy! She's awesome!" Sokka exclaims and grabs an orange. He starts peeling it with his boot dagger. I roll my eyes at him.

*one hour later*

"THERE IT IS!" I exclaim and point at the island. Aang sighs in relief before sending Appa down. We land on a dock. Zuko gives Masumi to Rin before hopping out of the saddle. I start handing Masumi's cradle to Zuko when I spot Katara at the other end of the dock.

"Katara!" I exclaim happily. I let go of the cradle before Air bending over to her. I hear a loud 'oomf'. I look back to see Aang moving the cradle off of Zuko.

"Sorry, Zuzu!" I call.

"It's fine!" He calls back, his voice laced with pain. I turn back to Katara and hug her.

"How was your trip?" I ask. She smiles softly at me.

"It was helpful. I learned that revenge wasn't what I needed. Clearance was what I needed. And I had to learn to forgive." Katara says.

"So you forgave that guy you went after?" I ask.

"No. I'll never forgive him. But I am ready to forgive Zuko. And I'm ready to forgive you and apologize to you, Ivy." Katara replies. I smile happily at her.

"Thank you Katara. And your apology is accepted." I say softly. She smiles sweetly at me before going to talk to Zuko. He smiles lightly at her. She then hugs him. It's good to have the group united. The Gaang is ready! Er....almost.