Chapter 52

Azula and I fight intensely. She's fighting for her crown, I'm fighting for my family. We're evenly matched due to her being my teacher. But I learned a lot from Uncle and Zuko. So I might have the upper hand. Katara catches my attention for a second, she's pointing at a sewer grate. I smirk and manage to get Azula to follow me over it.

"Sorry." I say. She stares at me in confusion before I raise my hands and freeze us both. Her eyes are wide as I blow steam out of my nose, freeing me enough to grab a chain laying nearby and tying her hands behind her back, along with tying then to the grate. I let the entire ice block melt away and Azula tries to free herself, but fails to do so. I turn and run to Zuko's side. I turn him onto his back and see that he's unconscious. Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I bend water over my hands and try my best to heal the wound from Azula's lightning. Katara appears beside me with Masumi in her arms. Zuko groans and clutches his chest before trying to sit up.

"Zuko!" I exclaim. I hug him gently, allowing myself to cry into his shoulder. Zuko wraps one arm around me while the other covers his wound, the pain is obvious in his facial features.

"Thank you, Ivy." Zuko says softly. I shake my head.

"You don't have to thank me. I'd do anything for you." I reply. Zuko kisses my forehead.

"But I'm very proud of you. You did have me worried though. I mean if something would've gone wrong while you were fighting Azula, I could've lost you and our unborn child." Zuko says. I crack a smile.

"You have to have more faith in me, Zuzu." I tease. He smiles lightly at me. We look at the screaming and sobbing Azula. Zuko looks relieved that she won't be a threat anymore. But he looks upset that he can't help her. I know he wants her to see that their father was wrong. No matter what he says, I know he cares about his little sister.

"She'll be fine." I reassure Zuko. He sighs and nods.

"I just don't know how she ended up like this. Mother loved her just as much as she loved me." Zuko says sadly. I kiss his cheek.

"A mothers' love is unconditional. Azula could've done something truly horrible, and Ursa would've still loved her." I tell him. Zuko watches his sister fall onto her side as she sobs.

"We'll make sure she's well taken care of, Dear. Okay?" I ask softly. Zuko gives me a grateful smile before trying to stand up. I help him and guide him off the the medical wing in the palace. I allow them to take Zuko to get patched up. I return to Katara and she gives me a smile.

"Aang and the others should return soon." I tell her happily. Her eyes light up at the mention of Aang. I smirk and nudge her.

"You're totally in love with my brother." I tease. She blushes and looks at the ground.

"I just...hope he's okay." Katara replies. I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say, Katara." I laugh. We stand there and joke around for a bit. And we also handed Masumi to a few of the women that will be helping me with my child and pregnancy until Zuko is fully recovered.

"Princess Ivy, we have direct orders from Prince Zuko to take you to your friends whom Princess Azula locked up." A guard says as he approaches me. I grin.

"Kat, do you want to come with me?" I ask. She smiles.

"Sure." Katara replies. We follow the guard and he takes us to a secret row of cells buried underneath the palace. My eyes widen in shock as we go further down the row. And in a cell to my left, I see a familiar girl with a braid.

"Ty Lee!" I cry. I run forward and sit beside the cell. She looks at me.

"Ivy?" She asks in shock. I nod and stand up to let the guard unlock the cell. I hurry into the cell and pull Ty Lee into a hug.