Chapter 27

I sigh as I dab Zuko's forehead with a cold, wet towel. We managed to move him and our things into the new apartment. It needs to be a bit fixed up but otherwise, it's nicer than our previous apartment.

"He'll wake up soon." Rin reassures me. I look at her.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask. Rin frowns at the look of complete helplessness on my face.

"He has to. No matter what, Zuko would never leave you. Or your baby." Rin replies. I look down at Zuko and run my fingers through his hair.

"You know. Whenever Zuko leaves, you stay strong and happy. But this time seems different." Rin says.

"It's because there's nothing I can do but wait for him to get better. When he leaves...I can go find him if I think he's in danger." I reply. Rin nods.

"I'm going to go help Uncle with breakfast." Rin says before leaving. I kiss Zuko's forehead.

"I-Ivy?" Zuko groans weakly. My eyes light up.

"I'm right here. You really scared me when you passed out." I say softly. He puts a hand on his forehead and slowly sits up.

"How long have I been out?" Zuko asks.

"Three days. I haven't left your side since. Uncle and Rin had to give me food and tea. I refused to move until you woke up." I reply. Zuko pulls me into a hug. I smile.

"Uncle and Rin are making breakfast. Get cleaned up and go join them. I need to sit here for a bit and think." I tell him.

"Is everything okay?" Zuko asks as he pulls out of the hug gently.

"Everything's fine." I reassure him. He sighs and kisses my cheek before entering the attached bathroom with some clothes to change into. I look down at my stomach and rub it gently.

"Your daddy's okay. You won't grow up like I did. You'll have your daddy." I whisper softly to the baby growing in my belly. The baby kicks and I giggle quietly. Zuko walks out to the living area. I follow him after a few minutes.

"Here you go, Ivy." Uncle says and hands me a bowl of white goop. I shrug and sit beside Zuko before eating the food Uncle gave me.

"Zuko is very...um...how should I say this? Different?" Rin says, unsure of what word to use.

"He went through a war within himself after freeing Appa." I reply.

"That is exactly right, Ivy." Uncle says with a big smile.

"But he's still my husband nonetheless. Only not as hot-headed." I say with a smile. Zuko smiles at me in amusement.

"After we finish eating. We must open The Jasmine Dragon for the first time." Uncle says.

"Okay. What are our jobs?" I ask.

"I will brew the tea. Rin shall clean and bake some treats. Zuko will take the tea and treats to the customers. And you, Ivy, will take the orders and see if anyone needs a refill." Uncle replies. We all nod in agreement before finishing our breakfast.

"Let's go open that tea shop!" I cheer. Uncle grins and shoos us all out of the apartment. We go to The Jasmine Dragon and Uncle opens the doors. Two women stand at the entrance to greet customers.

"Congratulations Uncle." I say with a big smile as the four of us look at all the people taking seats.

"I am very thankful." Uncle replies.

"You deserve it. The Jasmine Dragon will be the best Tea Shop in the city." Zuko says.

"No. I am thankful that you three decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know." Uncle replies.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Rin says as we have a group hug.

"Now let's make these people some tea!" Zuko exclaims.

"Yes! Let's make some tea!" Uncle replies excitedly. We all go off to do our jobs.

--Three Hours Later--

"Uncle! We've got two Jasmine, one Green, and one Lychee!" I exclaim after taking an order.

"I'm brewing as fast as I can!" Uncle exclaims with a large smile. I turn around and see Katara staring at us in fear.

"Oh crap." I mutter as Katara runs away.

"Rin! I'm taking a break! I'll be back before closing time!" I call to my best friend.

"Okay!" She calls back. I hurry after Katara.

"Wait!" I call. The 14 year old Water Tribe girl looks over her shoulder at me.

"Why are you three here?" Katara asks worriedly as she comes to a stop.

"Four actually. We brought my friend Rin with us. But we're not here to over throw Ba Sing Se. We're trying to hide from Azula." I reply.

"I don't believe you." Katara snaps.

"It's true! I swear!" I exclaim.

"And what's that!?" Katara exclaims angrily, pointing at my large belly.

"I keep bumping into tables so I have to put pillows in my dress. I bruise easily." I lie, putting my Azula talent on.

"I will tell King Kue that you're here. Whether you're my friend or not." Katara growls before running off. My heart sinks.

"That didn't go well at all." I sigh before going back to The Jasmine Dragon. A man walks up to me and hands me a scroll.

"A message from the royal palace." The man says. I raise an eyebrow and open it. My jaw drops in shock.

"Ivy. What's the matter?" Zuko asks worriedly as he, Rin, and Uncle hurry over to me.

"I-I...I can't believe it. We've been asked to serve tea to the Earth King!" I exclaim. Uncle faints and Rin hurries to his side, fanning him with her hand. Zuko smiles.

"Where'd you go for your break?" Zuko asks.

"Oh. You know...just a walk around town. Checking things out." I lie. Zuko looks at me, unsure.

"Alright...well I hope you had fun. But let's get you to bed. You'll need it for tomorrow when we serve tea to the Earth King." Zuko replies. I nod and follow him back to the apartment. I lay down with him and my brain can't help but run through the thought of...what if Katara told Earth King Kue and this whole thing is a way to capture us?