Chapter 5

Hey everyone!!! So, hopefully I will update more often. But, for now, enjoy this chapter. It might not be following the TV story in this chapter since I can't find my remote for my cable box, or my DVD collection of all the seasons. Soooo.... don't get mad if it doesn't have Aang or anyone else in it. But this chapter is important to Ivy's character. - BeatriceIsDauntless

I stand on deck watching the sun rise. I start doing a few soft movements that remind me of Waterbenders. And all of the sudden, water rises onto the deck. My eyes widen in shock.

"Zuko!" I call. He comes running onto the deck.

"What is it?" Zuko asks worriedly. I run over to him and cuddle into his chest.

"Something weird is happening. I was just doing a few Waterbender movements and water rose onto the deck." I whimper. Zuko wraps his arms around me.

"Could you do it again?" He asks. I bite my lip and we make our way over to the railing. I do the same movements as before and more water splashes onto the deck. Zuko's good eye widens.

"Try movements for other elements." Zuko says. I nod and do an Airbender movement. A small breeze rushes out of my hands. I then try lifting a piece of coal and it works.

"We need to go get Uncle." Zuko says, grabbing my hand and pulling me along to Uncle Iroh's chambers. As soon as we enter the room, Uncle notices our frantic looks.

"What's happened?" Uncle asks.

"Ivy can bend all four elements." Zuko replies nervously. Uncle Iroh looks at me.

"Come here, Ivy." Uncle Iroh says. I walk over to him and sit across from him. He takes my left hand in both of his and closes his eyes.

"Ivy...you didn't tell us that you are related to the current Avatar." Uncle says. I frown.

"No, I'm not related to him. My mother would've said something to me about him." I reply.

"Unless she was trying to protect him." Uncle says. I look at Zuko and he looks really angry.

"Ivy, why didn't you tell me?" He demands. I frown and stand up.

"Zuko, I swear I didn't know. If I did, I would've told you first. Then Uncle Iroh." I tell Zuko. He ignores me.

"Uncle, if she can bend all four elements...does that mean she's an Avatar as well?" Zuko asks. My heart sinks. I know what he's thinking.

"No. She's the Avatar's Guardian." Uncle replies. Tears well up in my eyes.

"Zuko..." I begin.

"Go to your room." Zuko growls lowly. A tear slips down my right cheek.

"NOW!" Zuko yells. I flinch and run out of Uncle's room and down the hall to my own. I close my door behind me and sit in a corner of my room. I pull my knees to my chest and sob into them. I take my engagement necklace off and toss it away from me. It lands in the middle of the floor. There's a knock on my door.

"Ivy, may I come in?" I hear Uncle ask. I sniffle.

"Yeah." I croak. The door opens and Uncle walks in and looks even sadder at the sight of my engagement necklace on the floor. He picks it up and walks over to me.

"You know Prince Zuko didn't mean what you think he meant. He just wanted to ask that so he could figure out how to protect you." Uncle says as he helps me up from the floor and over to my bed. We sit down on the edge of it.

"That's not true. You and I both know he'd take any chance he could get to go home." I reply as tears continue to fall down my cheeks.

"Now now, Ivy. Remember when Zuko challenged Zhao to an Agni Kai just because he threatened to kill you?" Uncle asks. I sniffle and nod. He smiles lightly at me and holds my engagement necklace up to where I can see it. I grab my hair with one hand and lift it up. Uncle puts the necklace on me. We share a hug.

"Thank you, Uncle Iroh." I say quietly.

"Of course! Now, why don't you get some rest. You had quite a tramatic experience in the past hour." Uncle says. I nod. He leaves and I lay down. I curl into a ball and slowly fall asleep.

-----------------------------
Zuko P.O.V

I pace back and forth in my room. Why didn't she tell me!? I let out a yell and kick the side of my bed before collapsing onto it. I put my head in my hands.

"Zuko, I swear I didn't know. If I did, I would've told you first. Then Uncle Iroh."

Her words bounce around my mind. She really didn't know. Oh what have I done now? She probably hates me. Or is scared of me. I'd rather her hate me than be scared of me. I stand up and hurry to her room. The door is open. I look inside and see her curled up in her bed, fast asleep. I sigh and walk over to her. She's still wearing the engagement necklace, so that's a good sign. I pull her blanket over her and tuck it under her chin. I push a few strands of hair out of her face and behind her ear. I kiss the side of her head lightly.

"I'm sorry, Ivy." I whisper before leaving her room. I close her door behind me. I turn and head towards the deck. I need some air. Hopefully she won't look depressed when she comes out. That will just crush me.