Chapter 30

Yesterday was the ceremony. And I still haven't forgiven Zuko. It's around midnight right now. I'm just waiting a little longer so I can sneak out and see Uncle. I really need his advice right now. I'm just so lost and confused being here. And with Zuko betraying Uncle like that...I just don't know what to do anymore. And I don't have Rin to talk to. My only option is to go to Uncle. Maybe Mai can help me out. But I'll talk to her about it tomorrow night. I sigh and decide it's time to go. I pull the hood of my cloak up and sneak carefully out of the palace and down to the prison. I quietly make my way up to Uncle's cell.

"Princess Ivy?" A guard asks in confusion. I grab his collar and slam him into a wall.

"I'm here for a visit. You will stand guard out here. And no one will know about this. Understood?" I hiss.

"Yes Princess!" The guard exclaims. I nod and enter Uncle's cell.

"Ivy?" Uncle asks in shock.

"Uncle. I need your help." I say and sit down in front of the bars that separate us.

"What's happened?" Uncle asks worriedly.

"It's Zuko...I can't believe he did that to you. I'm so unbelievably angry...and hurt...and so so confused. Please Uncle. I don't know what to do." I say as tears begin to fall down my cheeks.

"You will find an answer in an old friend in some time. But now you must forgive Zuko. He only did what he thought he wanted." Uncle replies.

"I'm just so lost without you and Rin, Uncle." I sob.

"I wish I was there to guide you. But I got myself arrested. It is no one's fault but mine. You must let go of your anger at Zuko in order to find your way." Uncle says gently. I bow my head and continue to cry.

"You should go. The longer you stay, the more the guard will suspect that you're helping me plan my escape." Uncle says. I nod.

"Okay. I'll be back soon Uncle." I reply sadly. Uncle smiles slightly and nods. I stand and leave. I begin to walk back to the palace.

"Pssst." I hear someone hiss at me. I look around.

"Psssst. Ivy." I hear again. But I recognize the voice this time.

"Mai? Where are you?" I hiss. I spot her between two bushes. I hurry over to her.

"Come with me." She whispers before lifting a patch of grass to reveal a staircase into a tunnel. I follow her into it.

"I followed you. I had a feeling you were going to see Iroh." Mai tells me.

"Where are we?" I ask.

"These are some old tunnels under the palace. I discovered them when we were kids." Mai replies. "Azula, Ty Lee, and I heard about the plan to attack on the day of black sun. I can help you escape with the Avatar and his friends. But only just."

"Thank you. I can meet you back here every night." I tell her. She nods.

"This will take you to the Royal garden. Meet me here tomorrow night at around the same time." Mai replies before walking off. I leave the tunnel and carefully put the patch of grass back. I quietly make my way back to my room and I take my cloak off. I hang it up in my wardrobe and change into my night robes. I sigh and walk to Zuko's room and open the door. Zuko groans lightly and sits up. He rubs his eyes with his hands and looks at me tiredly.

"Ivy? Are you okay?" Zuko asks. I enter his room and close the door behind me. I walk over to the right side of his bed and sit down. He takes my right hand in his. I squeeze it gently. A tear falls down my cheek.

"I figured out why you're mad at me." Zuko says. I look at him.

"It's because of Uncle isn't it?" Zuko asks. I nod.

"But I forgive you. It wasn't fair of me to hold it against you for so long. I should've just talked to you about it." I reply softly. He helps me into the bed.

"It's okay. I would've felt the same way. How's the baby?" Zuko asks. I frown as I realize something.

"I haven't felt the baby kick for a couple days." I reply. Zuko places a hand on my belly.

"Hey, tiny little baby. Your Mommy is worried about you. And so am I. Could you give a little kick so we know you're still in there?" Zuko asks.

"Love, it's a tiny baby. He or she won't understa..." I begin but then I feel a light kick.

"The baby kicked." I gasp. Zuko and I grin. I place my hand over his and lean against him. He wraps his other arm around my shoulders.

"I've missed you." Zuko whispers. I close my eyes.

"I missed you too." I whisper back. He takes his hand off my belly and puts it on my cheek. He tilts my head up and I open my eyes. He leans down and presses a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I love you so much Ivy." Zuko says as he pulls back slightly. His lips hovering just above mine, tickling my lips as he talks.

"I love you too, Zuko." I reply. We lay down and Zuko pulls the blanket over us. I cuddle into his side.

"No matter what. Don't think I don't love you. Even when I'm mad." I whisper as I close my eyes.

"The same goes for you." Zuko whispers back. I cuddle into his side more.

"Goodnight, Zuzu." I whisper.

"Goodnight, Love." Zuko whispers back. And with that I fall into a peaceful sleep. Enjoying the warmth of Zuko laying beside me and holding me protectively.