Chapter 47

I hum as I feed Masumi. Everyone else are outside watching Zuko teach Aang. I don't bother going out to watch. I have to take care of our daughter. We need to figure out where we'll take her when we're going to battle. But, for now, I shall enjoy the time I have with Masumi.

"When I was a little girl, a few years older than you, my mother would tell me stories about how she and my father fell in love. She said he would do anything for her. And for me. These stories only were told when my father was still there. I don't remember why he left. Or where. But I don't think it was on purpose. My mother said when the guards came to investigate, they saw a small sign of a struggle. But that...that was a long long time ago." I tell my daughter. She gurgles.

"I don't want you to go through my childhood. I promise you'll have your father. You can hate me if you wish. But your father will always be there for you. And so will I. We love you more than anything in the entire world." I say softly. "And one day, when you're a bit older, I'll tell you stories about your father and I."

That's when I hear an explosion somewhere away from the house. I hide Masumi quickly before running outside and seeing smoke rise from the beach. What's happening? Aang Airbends onto the roof of the house. Then Zuko ends up on the roof as well.

"Stop before I blow you off this roof!" Aang exclaims.

"Do it." Zuko snaps before blasting fire at my brother. My left eye twitches. They disappear into the house. I hear more explosions inside the house. Masumi is in there and there's fire everywhere. That's when I go completely into the Avatar state. Which I didn't think could happen until now. I quickly bend a large amount of water inside the house, careful to just put out the fire. I then bend the water out of the house and let it drop to the ground. I raise my hands up in front of me and feel myself grab onto two beings with blood bending. I start moving them outside and see that I've grabbed Aang and Zuko. They twitch as I levitate them towards me. My glowing gold eyes seem to terrify them both.

"Ivy. Let them go." Katara says softly and places a hand on my shoulder. I close my eyes and drop my hands to my sides, letting the boys drop to the ground.

"What is the matter with you!? You could've hurt Aang!" Katara shouts at Zuko.

"What's the matter with me!? The real question is what's the matter with all of you!? Sozin's Comet is three days away and you're all wasting time laying around and throwing beach parties!" Zuko yells back. They stare at him.

"What? Why are you looking at me like I'm crazy?" Zuko asks. I look at them curiously as I move to Zuko's side.

"Uh. Yeah. About the Comet...we decided that I should wait to face the Fire Lord after it arrives." Aang says. Zuko and I stare at them in shock.

"And you didn't think to tell us about it?" I ask, waving my arms around rapidly.

"Sorry. But, it's not like it could get any worse." Katara says.

"You're wrong. It's about to get even worse than you could ever imagine." Zuko says.

"What do you mean?" Aang asks. Zuko closes his eyes and begins telling us the story of the war meeting he attended while he was back home. And how his father wanted to burn the Earth Kingdom to the ground...

"Wow. I knew the Fire Lord was a bad guy...but his plan is just pure evil." Sokka says.

"Aang, I know you think you're not ready. But if you don't try. There won't be a world to save anymore." Zuko says. My brother looks at him in horror. I whack my husband in the back of his head.

"Don't scare him! That won't help!" I exclaim. He rubs the spot I hit.

"Sorry, Dear." He mumbles. I sigh and look at Aang.

"I think it's time I taught you a few things I know." I say. Zuko looks at me.

"What about your whole speech on why you're not supposed to teach him?" Zuko asks. I sigh.

"I know. But at this rate...he's going to need two teachers." I reply. Zuko sighs and nods in agreement. I look back at my brother.

"It's time I taught you three things, Aang. Lightning Bending, how to redirect lightning, and the one thing you only use if you really have to...Blood Bending. It's a weird feeling. But it'll be necessary against Ozai." I say.

"I hate to admit it...but she's right. You need to know as much as you can to fight Ozai off." Katara agrees. Aang looks terrified but then bows slightly to me.

"I'd be honored to learn from you." Aang says. I smile.

"Then let's get started."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Merry Christmas everyone! I worked so hard to make sure I got this out for all of you! You have no idea how many times I had to excuse myself to the bathroom just to write some of this chapter. Lol

But I made sure I got it done because you guys mean so much to me and I wouldn't have made it this far without all of you. You're all amazing and just know that I love every single one of you and that you'll always have a place in this world. Because all of you are the kindest most amazing people in the world. And I think the world needs more people like the lot of you. And I'm proud to say that those of you who've stuck by this book since the beginning, we're almost through the first TV series. We'll be on to the comics soon! And if you ever want to message me, whether just to say hi or to say something about the book, I will always welcome everyone with open arms.

Merry Christmas my dearest readers,

Lots of love,

Day